Monday, 29 August 2011

DIY Face masks

Hi everyone!

I've noticed in the past month that a lot of the beauty guru's and blogs I'm subscribed to have been using DIY facial masks and scrubs, and today I decided to put one of them to the test!

My all time favourite guru, Kandee Johnson, did a egg facial mask tutorial, which you can watch here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBUm0txdhQ

After I watched the video, I was sceptical, and I Googled for more egg masks, to see if anyone really put egg on their faces, and to my great shock, there are! One of my other favourite guru's, Michelle Phan, actually also did a tutorial for the egg mask, and because hers didn't need honey (which I don't have in my house at the moment), I decided to try it out.

You can watch the video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4xdYt3ick

Today, I realized I am a trooper! Let me tell you, I did NOT enjoy having egg on my face for nearly half an hour... All I kept thinking was : 1) I smell so bad right now, 2) Somewhere in the world this egg could have fed a hungry child and, 3) Thank goodness no one can see me right now!!

I have to be totally honest and say that, without a doubt, my pores are smaller and my skin is smoother and tighter. Also, these guru's aren't joking when they say they can't even smile... Having said that it really works, I highly doubt I'll do it again. Having the egg on your face feels strange, and doesn't smell nice. My bathroom sink actually smelled like egg for hours after I washed my face, and I had to clean it with bleach to get rid of the smell.

I may try some of the other DIY facials though, and I'll let you know how that turns out.

If you have the guts to try this mask, please comment below and let me know what you think about it!

As always, stay beautiful!

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Hi, There is a reason why masques come in tubes!! One shouldn't apply any new masques or new products the day before a big event. Good for you for trying different DIY methods. Somebody in my household is going to try it!!(NOT MEEEEEE) Some, like me, are not going to re-invent the wheel in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really not pleasant! But it did work, and it makes one think about the amount of money we spend on beauty products. Then again, who wants to walk around with egg or honey or whatever on their faces! I am planning on trying a asprin and honey mask tough, and I'll blog about it to let everyone know if it works. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete