Wednesday, 24 August 2011

The Wednesday Review

Hi everyone!!

So, I thought it would be cool if I could review some makeup products, and in this way help you guys when you shop! If you would like me to review any products, please email me at yolandie.horak@gmail.com, and I'll see what I can do!

The first product I would like to review is Yardley's Whipped Matte Mousse foundation. I bought mine, in the shade medium beige, at the beginning of June this year. This is how the packaging looks :

You can obviously see that mine has been used for 3 months!! But this is just to give you the idea. It contains 14g of mousse foundation, where in liquid form you get roughly (depending on the brand) 37g, which is more than double the amount.

It applies quite smoothly, and dries very quickly. It also has an almost powdery consistency, which is supposed to help keep an oily skin matte and dry during the day. I have a combination skin, but I have to say that I found this product almost to dry on my skin. Here is a pic of the inside of the pot :

As you can see, the pot is quite empty. As I've said, I bought it at the beginning of June, and I used it every time I applied makeup since then. I don't wear makeup every day, I would say only about 4 of the 7 days in a week. So you can tell that it doesn't last that long. I also found that its staying power isn't that great, and it does rub off easily on clothes etc when hugging!! (And I'm a hugger...) Also, I found that it tends to streak during the day and is especially bad with eye shadow fall out, and regular ol' dust that gets blown onto your face during the day.

The colour was a good match for my skin though. I swatched this for you on the inside of my arm , and you can see it fades in well (and I applied it quite thick to show on camera).

It did keep my skin matte while it lasted, which is good too, because no one wants an overly shiny face! But I have to be honest and say that compared to liquid foundation it was really lacking. My liquid foundation usually lasts me at least 5 months when applied everyday, and usually stays on my face longer too!! ^_^

I also feel that when paying R110 (I bought it at Clicks for roughly that amount), I can just as well get our R50 or so more and buy a liquid foundation that will last longer, has better staying power and comes in a greater range of colours.

Product rating : 5/10
Would I buy it again? : Probably not.

That was my 5 cents! I really hoped it helped you! Please let me know if you feel differently about this product. I would love to hear back from you!

Stay beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for review! Useful as I'm looking at matte foundations for my wedding (planning on doing my own makeup) and currently use mineral foundation which I've heard isnt good for professional photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. I recently did a post on foundations and you can check it out here : http://thebloomincouch.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-choose-perfect-foundation.html

    Good luck with your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete