Monday, 26 September 2011

Mascara ads

Happy Monday beautiful people!!

Today I wan't to jump on the bandwagon with a topic that everybody has been buzzing about for a while now, the use of false lashes in mascara adverts. Here are some examples : (images from Google)






In all of these ads, it is very obvious that the model is wearing fake lashes, even if they are the semi permanent type. Do you feel that the cosmetics companies are taking us for fools? I have to be honest and say that this has never bothered me, because it was so obvious, but a lot of people, ranging from beauty blogs I follow to News24 have actually raised this issue and are quite unhappy about it. I mean, we all know that no mascara brand can lengthen / thicken our lashes to that extent. I can buy the exact same product as shown in one of these images and not have the same effect. Yes, there are those mascara brands that attach fibers to the ends of our natural lashes to lengthen them, but they cost a small fortune, and none of the above actually do that (as far as I could see).

But then, don't they airbrush all the women on the anti-aging (and all other ads) anyway? And don't they Photoshop the nail colours on the nail varnish ads (I mean, the chances of some hyper famous actress having her nails painted 10 times over?), as well as the hair colour swatches on the self-colour boxes? All (or 90% of) the beauty ads we see are fake!

It is the way it has been done for so many years, I think we would be shocked to see the real thing.

Please share your views in the poll section!

Stay beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment