Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Wednesday Review : Avon Extra Lasting Makeup Remover

Good Morning beautiful people!!

I'm writing to you today feeling a little sheepish, and being on both cold medicine and pain killers. "Why?" you may ask, well I'll tell you. I'm still sick, and only now am I starting to feel better, but I'm not totally there yet. And on top of all, my clumsy self slammed my poor right thumb in the car door yesterday. This in the time I have to complete a huge art commission, and now my thumb is so swollen and sore, I can't hold a pencil!! Waiting in horror to see if the nail is going to come off...

Anyway, enough ranting and moaning!!

I'm reviewing Avon's extra lasting makeup remover today. I have had it for about 3 months, and I started using it on some of my clients and models during my makeup course, only to get really negative feedback. I decided then to try the rest of the product on myself, to see why none of the people I used it on, liked it.

This is how it looks :




Now the product consists of two layers, one is oil based, so it has to be shaken before use. The bottom two pictures are how it looks when it has been "all shook up" :). The bottle is plastic and contains 50ml of makeup remover. I bought it from Avon on a special offer for R39.99, and I have no idea what the normal price is.

Why I don't like it :

* Firstly, it burns my skin. And not only mine, a few people I used it on complained about the same thing. I don't have a sensitive skin at all, and it is very seldom that anything is too harsh for my skin, but this product is. I can't explain it at all. I have used many Avon products before, including deep cleaners to remove blemishes, and none of the other products have ever left a burning sensation on my skin.

* Secondly, you have to use quite a lot of product to get your face clean, especially when it comes to mascara, whether it's normal or waterproof. It didn't take long to get this empty, and I don;t even wear makeup every day! In fact, I only wear makeup about 4 out of the 7 days a week.

* Lastly, if I had to compare it to makeup removing wipes, which you can find at any Clicks, pharmacy or even Chinese store, it does not fare too well. I picked up a pack of 60 makeup wipes for the same price (R39.99) at Clicks, and I prefer them 100 times more. It only takes one wipe to clean everything off my face, where it takes about 2-3 cotton pads and quite a bit of Avon's makeup remover to do the same. The wipes are really soft on the skin, and there is no hard rubbing involved. Not to mention I have about half the makeup wipes left, having used it on models in my course, a few clients and myself as well, and I bought it around the same time as the makeup remover.

I don't think I'll buy this product again.

I hope this was helpful to you!!

Have a great day and stay beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. You must try Justine's and Nivea's eye make-up remover - excellent, very gentle and works like a bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked make-up remover to be honest, and when I buy it, I always end up giving it away...

    My Garnier pure facewash works for my skin and is potent enough to even remove water resistant mascara....

    ReplyDelete