Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Wednesday Review - Yardley Translucent Powder

Good morning world!

I'm quickly writing this to you before I have a makeup trial this morning. It has been a hectic few days! But I am thankful for the work coming my way. :)

Anyway, on to reviewing!! The product I have lined up for you today is Yardley's translucent powder. It sells for about R90.00 and contains 50g of loose powder and a small powder puff. I have been using it for about a month and it does not seem to get less! Here is how it looks :



A lot of people don't actually know this, but using a powder to set liquid foundation is kind of important! It helps the foundation to last longer, makes it look less shiny and absorbs oil from the skin during the day. You can use any powder, if it is compact, loose or even powder foundation over the liquid foundation! This is a good tip to remember with any makeup, from eyeliner to lipstick, you can use powder (or a similar shade eye shadow) to set the product you have applied and make it last longer.

Now this translucent powder isn't exactly translucent, but then I have never seen a translucent (getting tired of typing that word!!) powder of any sort that is colourless. Most of them are white and leave the face pale after use, and some, like this one, are slightly flesh toned. It does go on very well though, and I really don't mind the little colour, just because it doesn't make my face look grey-ish, as a lot of these powders tend to do. I don't know how well this would work on darker skin though, even if it says "Suitable for all skin tones".

I do like the scent of this powder. Yup, it is scented! Who doesn't like something that smells nice?

Overall, this is a nice powder, and I would probably buy it again. I have been happy with the results it offers, and it is not too expensive to my taste. I will let you know how long it lasts!

Hope you have a fabulous day and stay beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment