Monday, 3 October 2011

Spider lashes! How to get them!

Good morning beautiful people!!

Hope you all had a great weekend and woke up with a song in your hearts this morning! :P No blue Mondays for us!!

Anyway, in makeup news, I see a trend on the horizon... Well, actually, I've been seeing it on the internet, but I think it is much the same!! Spider lashes are big right now, but it's one of those trends that you either love or loathe. Though personally, in this case, I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. In some cases it's great, and in others, not so much.

Now, of course I don't mean getting an eight legged creature to nest in your lashes! This is simply a mascara technique. All you do is this :

* Apply a coat of mascara and let it dry.
* Apply a second coat of mascara, bringing your lashes together in small bunches.
* You could also just bunch together the lashes with the first coat!

Here is how it should look : (Again, I found all the images on Google. I probably should mention the URL's but heck, I can never remember to do that!!)



Obviously, some of these models are wearing falsies!!






   

As always, some of the trend setting celebs have been spotted wearing this look. Kim K and her clan (or should I say Klan) being some of the forerunners. There are actually a lot of pics of Kim and Kourtney wearing this look. Another celeb wearing this look is Rihanna.


What do you think? As I said above somewhere, I don't know how I feel about this trend. I love clumpy mascara, but is this going too far? Please let me know in the poll!

Webbing you an awesome day! Stay beautiful!






2 comments:

  1. I'm also still devided, on some people it looks beautiful and elegant, on others cool and funky and then the rest... not so good.

    Don't know if I'll try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad someone agrees with me. I was starting to feel like a spider hater... Wait, I AM a spider hater!! :)

    Someone should try it and email me a photo!!

    ReplyDelete