I hope your Monday started joyfully!
Lace nails are a big celebrity trend at the moment. It is a really easy look to achieve too, so sit tight and I'll tell you how!
What you need is :
* A base coat, and this is important, you don't want to stick the lace to your natural nails.
* Lace, cut to size to fit your nails.
* Nail glue, you can find this at any nail supply store.
* A top coat. This is important too, as it will keep the lace from lifting.
* A cuticle pusher and tweezers
* A nail file.
What you are going to do is :
1. Paint your nails with the base coat. This can be a real clear base coat, or any colour nail varnish you choose. If your nails tend to discolour to yellow when you remove your polish, I recommend you always use a base coat first. This will help your nails keep their natural colour, as well as strengthen them. It also helps to keep the nail polish you apply over it from chipping away.
2. Let your nails dry really well. Go do something else, or put on your favourite episode of Vampire Diaries (or whatever) and wait about half an hour after you think they are dry before you move on to the next step.
3. If you haven't done this yet, cut the lace into the shape and size pieces you want to use on your nails, and put them in the order you are going to glue them.
4. Paint the nail glue onto your nail where you want to place the lace, and using the tweezers and cuticle pusher, gently put the lace down on the glue. DO NOT use your fingers to place the lace, because your skin will stick to the glue, and you'll need to soak it off in acetone. From experience, this is not pleasant!! Make sure you do this evenly, you don't want wrinkles on your nails.
5. Repeat step 4 until all your nails are done. The glue only needs a moment or two to dry, so by the time you have done the last one, the first one will be completely dry.
6. File around the edges of your nail, to smooth out any rough edges the lace could have left.
7. Apply a top coat, and let it dry well. You don't want to ruin your handiwork by messing up the top coat!
8. Go out and show off your nails!!