Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Splatter nail art

Hi everyone.

I would like to thank everyone for their condolences and good wishes after the death of my little baby Xena. I really appreciate all the emails and Facebook comments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am doing as well as I could, under the circumstances. It is really difficult for me to sit here and write this fluffy post while my heart is breaking, but life goes on they say.

Today I want to show you how to do splatter nail art at home. This is really easy to do! Here are some examples :





All you need is some nail polish, cellotape and some straws!

Paint your nails a base colour and let it dry well. Stick some tape around your nail to protect your skin from the nail polish. You can skip this step, but you'll need A LOT of nail polish remover to clean up your skin afterward. Just sayin'! Then pick the splatter colours and take a straw for each. You can use any straws, the different sizes just have different effects. Pick up some nail polish with your straw, place it over your nail where you want it, and blow through the other end. You need to do the positioning bit quickly!! And that's that! You just keep on doing this until you are happy with the splatter. Allow your nails to dry thoroughly before you attempt to remove the tape.

Send me some pictures of your nails!

Stay beautiful,


No comments:

Post a Comment