Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Wednesday review - December

Hello beauties!

I've been thinking, I have so many topics I want to blog about, but I have a lot of products I want to review for you too. I don't want to chuck the Wednesday review section totally, but I could use the Wednesday space to blog about other things. So, I'm going to do this : I'll do a Wednesday review on the first Wednesday of each month. Then I'll blog about some or all of the beauty products I bought throughout the month, and during the rest of the month I'll blog about trends and other cool things.

But you really need to tell me what you think of this? I find that when I blog about beauty stuff, my blog gets more traffic. But the reviews tend to get the least views. Lets give it a try this month, and please let me know what you think!!

I also just want to mention, before I get to the reviews that for some reason, I'm unable to reply on your comments. I don't know what is wrong, but I'll have Jan check it out.

I'm not paid in any way to review products. I buy them myself, or Jan buys them for me. It is important that you know these little facts, because I don't want to be accused of anything here!! Haha! Also, I want to be completely honest with you over the products. If I don;t like it, I'll say so, and why. I tend to review more products that I like, but I'll try to bring more things I don't like into the mix.

OK, the long intro is done now! Here are the products!!

First up, I've got the Freeman Feeling Beautiful range. You can find these at Dischem, for around R35.00 each. The red one is a detoxifying chocolate and strawberry mask, and the pink one is a raspberry facial scrub.

There is 150 ml product in each tube, and they are animal cruelty free, which is always a bonus! It actually states that it is animal cruelty free on the packaging!

Let me tell you about this baby... Oh, how I love it!! It smells like desert people!! It's like having chocolate mousse on your face. Its the best smelling beauty product I have ever found in my life!! And they have a lot of different flavours. This particular one has deep cleansing properties, which is perfect for my combination to oily skin.

Be warned though, it is detoxifying, so it pulls impurities from the skin. If you use it, you'l probably break out a few times. I have been using this product once a week, for the past four weeks, and I don't break out from using it anymore. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed and smooth, and boy does that chocolate smell hang around! I love it! And it is very reasonably priced.


The scrub is awesome too! While it doesn't smell quite as good as the mask (what can ever compare to chocolate and strawberries??), it smells nice in its own way. Fresh picked raspberries anyone? This scrub is gentle enough to use daily, and powerful enough to keep your skin clear and soft. It has a gel like texture, with tiny little pink beads in to exfoliate while it cleanses. I've been using this every day for the last four weeks, and I can really see a difference in my skin. I used Johnson and Johnson's face scrub before, but I was totally put off the product due to the fact that they test on animals. I wasn't sure if I would find a product that I liked as much again, but voila! I found one!

Next, I've got the LA Girl concealer and foundation. I didn't know about this brand until I went cruelty free! It is a really good brand, you can find at Dischem (again) between the beauty products. It has the bunny stamp of approval on the concealer, but all their products are cruelty free.

The concealer is high def, which means it will make you look flawless on photographs, and you can zoom in as much as you want! You get 8g of product in the tube, which has a little brush on the tip. Mine is in light beige, and is a perfect match for my skin. They have these in many different colours, so you can find your match too.



I really like this product, as it really does give you great coverage, and flawless looking skin. It retails for around R30.00, which isn't bad for a concealer. I'm not mad about the brush applicator though. It feels a little unsanitary to me, even though I only use this on myself. But other than that, it rocks!

The foundation contains 29.5 ml product, which is a little bit less than you would get usually (most brands have 32ml in their packaging), but it isn't that big a difference. The foundation is thick and creamy, and applies well. Mine is in tan, and is a great match for my skin tone. I did find that they had more pale to very pale shades at the Princess Crossing Dischem, so if you are medium toned, like me, or darker still, you should probably try the other branches.


 I really like the product. The only complaint I have is that it is a little lacking in staying power, but only when it is really hot, and you are perspiring (that is the female equivalent to sweating like a pig!! :P) more than usual. But I do find that if I apply a little bit more powder that I usually would, it resolves this problem. And because it is such a good match for my skin, you would never know if there were bare patches anyway!

These retail for a very low R45.00 each, which is around R100.00 cheaper than most other brands. It is great value for money for a decent product.

To be honest, it really isn't as good as say, Revlon's photo ready foundation, but that particular product is a lot more expensive. As in close to R200.00 more! If you want that kind of quality, you need to pay that kind of bucks! But this little foundation is great for me when it comes to everyday wear. And it is affordable for those of you buying on an allowance!


Next, I have the Beauty Factory Lipworx lip fixing balm. Now, I have blogged about Beauty Factory before, and I loved every last product I got! I don't feel that way about this product.

You get 15 ml in a squeeze tube and it retails for R30.00 each. It is a lip scrub. Do you see that on the packaging? No? Neither did I. Also, the sales lady at the Westgate branch didn't tell me it was a lip scrub, even after I asked for details.

It doesn't smell nice. At all... All their other products do, but not this one. The grainy feel of it is really gross, though I have to say it does feel better when the grains have dissolved. It isn't really very moisturising, and I wouldn't kiss someone when I have it on. I only apply it before I go to sleep. Really not a fan of this one. Then I'll rather stick to normal old lip ice.

 


This is one from Beauty Factory that I love, so my faith is restored! It is called body caviar, and has a gel like tissue oil base, with little vitamin E granules in. It is the most moisturising product I own, and is great for stubborn areas like heels and elbows.

I have no idea what this product costs, and I can't access their website to tell you. But the glass bottle contains 75g of product and this one smells WONDERFUL!! It is very soft and luxurious, and it applies smoothly. You keep on rubbing until the granules break, and the Vitamin E is released.



You would think that this product would leave you feeling greasy, but it doesn't at all. In fact, it is absorbed by the skin really quickly, and just leaves you feeling soft and silky.

I really love this product! Almost as much as the Freeman Mask!! :)

Last, I have these two nail varnishes from LA Girl. They are great! They contain 14ml of product, in a clear glass bottle, and retail for R30.00 each. The indigo one is from the Addict range, and is called Extreme. It has a golden shine to it, and is really lovely.

The dark gold one is from the Metal range (which has awesome metallic colours!) and is called Antique gold. Both these colours are great, and the nail polish is really good quality. As in, I would use it on clients, quality. It is better than a lot of nail polish brands out there in my opinion, and it has great staying power. It is very chip-resistant too. I had the indigo one on my toenails for three weeks before I had to repaint them due to regrowth!

Really a good product, and great value for money!




So what do you think of my mega review? Please let me know, I love hearing from you!

Stay beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment