Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Wednesday Review - January Glambox

Hello beauties!

I got my Glambox last week somewhere and I was impressed. For a simple R100.00 per month, you get 4 or 5 products, some full size and some samples (which are large enough to use for a while) valued at a lot more than you're paying. You get the opportunity to use products you wouldn't have bought because the're too expensive. And what's more, the box is delivered to your doorstep via courier, and at no extra cost.

In the January box we got 5 products, two full sized (one of them being worth around R250.00). Here is how it looked :

 The packaging is great. Nothing inside this could get damaged! Which is awesome, because there is nothing I hate more than getting damaged goods when they arrive. I also like that the packaging is really girly.


 Inside, you get a 'postcard' describing what is inside the box, telling you why each item was chosen and included.



First up, there is this Elizabeth Arden sample, plump perfect ultra lift and firm moisture SPF 30 cream. It's a 15 ml sample. The full size product retails at R545.00 for 50 ml. This is a really good product, and it leaves the skin feeling moisturised and soft. It also offers great protection against the sun, which is great here in our HOT summer!
 Next, we got the full sized Like Silk eye makeup remover, 135 ml. Its price is around R39.99 and I've got to say, I like this one. I'm very specific when it comes to makeup remover, and this one is soft and gentle on the skin, while being powerful enough to remove layers of makeup. Its also the first runner up in the Fair lady consumer awards, in the bargain skincare category.
 This little fragrance sample is the most beautiful smell! It is called Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent, and it is a 1.5 ml sample. The full size product is sold from R630.00 and comes in 30 and 50 ml. It really is a wonderful smell, and I'll be spritzing it on on Valentines day. :)
 This Elancyl tonig shower gel is great too. Its a 30 ml sample, and I've been using it every day since I got the box. You'll get the full sized product for R150.00 and you can pick it up at Dischem or Stuttafords. Some of the other girls got the Elancyl toning foaming scrub instead of the shower gel I got. This is a really soft feeling product, and smells so fresh and clean! I love it!
 The last product is the Avon anew clinical eye lift pro, and it is full sized at 20 ml. Now I've been using Avon's eye cream for years, just not this one. I love their skincare products, and I love them even more since they are animal cruelty free. This product retails for R245.00, and is great. You have a cream to apply under the eye, and a gel to apply on the eyelid. It is moisturising without being greasy, and is gentle on the eyes.



Would I get Glambox again? Yes. The value for money is astounding, and you get high quality products to show for your buck. It is beyond simple to sign up, and you can choose between 1, 3 and 12 months packages. The only drawback is that they don't have an option for animal cruelty free products, but maybe that can still change.

Stay beautiful everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment