Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Makeup from the Oscars!

Hello beauties!

So the Oscars were on Sunday night in LA, and was on local TV last night. I wanted to do an in-depth discussion on the stars' makeup, just to realise, I already have. Makeup trends at the Grammys and Oscars were identical, so there isn't a lot I can say about it...

Nude eye makeup ruled the evening. A few went daring and paired it with a bold lip, Like Angelina Jolie, but most sticked with nude lips too. Octavia Spencer rocked a two toned eye makeup look, and was one of the only stars who did something different.

At this point I have to say that while Google-ing for images of the stars, I came across this article by Bella Sugar, that shows close up pics of all the stars and their makeup. I was shocked at how OLD some of the stars look up close. I mean, they promote age defying products, and yet look years older than they are. Don't they take care of their skin?! You really should check it out. I was amazed at Sofia Vergara's skin. The woman is 40 (can you believe that?) and looks years younger than women half her age!

So here are the pics!

White dresses ruled the evening

Gwynneth Paltrow went with nude makeup, and rocked a white dress and cape.

Meryl Streep was a golden goddess, and also had on nude makeup.

Even Miss Piggy had on nude makeup!! :P

Penelope Cruz was a vision in a pale blue dress, and, wait for it... Nude makeup!

Sofia Vergara in all her glory at the Vanity Fair after party. She went for a lashy look with nude lips.


Angie went for nude eyes and red lips, which is something, because she usually only wears nude lips!


Cammie went for black rimmed eyes and nude lips, keeping with her low maintenance vibe.
Jenny from the block was one of few who did something cool! Her double winged liner was a hit!




Michelle Williams was gorgeous in this corally colour dress, paired with nude makeup and a pink lip.

A lot of people are split about Natalie's look, because of the polka dots. In my opinion, this is one of the most amazing looks I've ever seen on her! Again, nude makeup and lips, though she went a bit more lashy.

Octacia Spencer looked stunning! I love the two toned makeup she rocked!

Sandy B also went with the nude.

Tina Fey looked too cute with the high bun in her hair and nude makeup.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Please don't forget to vote in the poll.

Stay beautiful,


2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does Jenny look a bit "orange"?
    I'd love to try miss Piggy's look sometime lol. Great post my friend, as usual you're on top of things & we love you so for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a bit orange... But in other pictures it wasn't as bad. Thanx Odie, you rawk!

    ReplyDelete