I've done a post on repairing broken eyeshadow before, but I've found some new uses for powder eyeshadows and pigments!
Makeup pigments are usually in powder form, and they come in little bottles or containers similar to these ones by MAC. They are a little more expensive than regular shadows, but they are of much better quality, and have much greater colour pay off, so you use less of it at any given time.
You can apply it with a brush, like you would regular eyeshadow, but it has more uses than you think...
* Mix some of the pigment into clear nail varnish on a plate (I use old cd's to mix nail varnish). You can decide how light or dark it should be, and also mix pigments together to make your own unique colours. If you don't have pigment laying around, simply scrape some eyeshadow off and use that!
* If you have a frosted white pigment, like the one in the image above, mix a tiny amount of it into your moisturiser, and use it as a highlighter on your cheekbones.
* Make a custom lip colour by mixing some pigment into petroleum jelly.
* You can also make custom eyeshadow colours by mixing pigments together on a plate or palette.
* Do you want a healthy shine in your hair? Simply mix some neutral coloured pigment into your styling products (leave in conditioner works best) and work it evenly through your hair.
If you know of any more uses for pigments, please let me know. Don't forget to vote in the poll!!