Monday, 26 March 2012

Some random stuff and pictures from my mini vacation!

Hello beauties!

I'm back in Jo'burg after four days of overwhelming heat and fun in the ocean. I'm covered in mosquito bytes. Really covered! I itch all over!! So before I even remotely start this post, I beg of you, if you have any home remedies for treating bytes, please, PLEASE let me know. :)

Anyway, we had a heat wave down in Durban. Or at least, what felt like a heat wave to us in-landers. We hit temperatures around 33 degrees Celsius, and the humidity was so bad that even my moisturiser didn't last on my skin for longer than 10 minutes. We couldn't sleep at night due to the heat, while my cousin who lives there said he was starting to get cold at night. I think he was dropped on his head as a baby! (Love you Neill!! :))

But the ocean was beautiful, the water lovely and clear. We had a blast! The first two pics are of my cousin Luke and my Uncle Arno blowing bubbles. Luke had so much fun with his granddad, and I couldn't resist showing you some pics!

Luke chasing a bubble
Arno and Luke
Adorable, right? And here are some shots of the ocean. We didn't charge the camera's battery before we left, and couldn't take as much pictures as usual, but there are at least a few!

Beautiful beach at Ansty's

The water was super clear

Ah, to be there again...

The sandbank formed a second beach
We had a great time staying at my grandmother's and spending some time with family. It was a really short visit, but at least we get to go again later this year for my cousin's wedding. Cupcake was really annoyed with us for going away though. Even if she lived like a queen and was spoilt rotten by my in laws... :) But in true doggie nature, she forgave us the moment we came home. I love that pup to bits!!

OK, to get on with the post, I have some of my Pinterest finds for you guys today. If you haven't done so yet, please follow my pins, and share yours with me!

Funky button headband

 I love these music bar nails. If you want to try this, you should check out my newspaper nails post, because I think you can use the same technique to get this effect. I also think this could look really cool with a neon bright base colour.
Moustaches are so in!

I love this necklace, it has such a steampunk feel to it!


This awesome artwork was done by Alicexz. Digital art is incredible!

Audrey!

Another cool piece of 
jewellery

I'm such a Bond geek!


Another amazing digital artwork, this one by Tsuaii.

The three LOTR wizards... :)

Isn't this cool? Cloud lights made from cotton batting!

The easiest way ever to do gradient nails.

A Funky double braided headband tut.

Don't you just love this? Cracks me up!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend. Stay beautiful,


No comments:

Post a Comment