Friday, 13 April 2012

Gold, green and blue gradient nails

Hello beauties,

Last night I was suddenly inspired to do my nails. Now for me, doing my nails is a fun and relaxing pastime. Except for one thing. I have no patience to sit and wait for my nails to dry properly. So usually, I do my nails, and before bedtime most of them have smudged, and I get out my nail polish remover. Sitting here typing with a full set of done up nails is nothing short of a miracle. Sure, it wasn't completely dry when I went to bed, and a thumb has the texture of my sheet all over it, but it's still there, and that's quite something!

So here's what I used :

Konad polish in Black Pearl.
Essence polish in number 38 : Choose ME.
Art Deco polish in number NA933 : Gold Rush.
Planet Nails top coat, because it was the first one I could find.

The steps are pretty simple too :





First, I gave my nails a good coat of the black polish and let it dry. Konad is really quick drying, so it fits my style perfectly... (:

It's also quite thick, so you'll need only one coat of it.




Then I got out my fan brush and my old CD, which I use to mix polishes on. I put some of the gold and the turquoise next to each other and swiped it over the tops of my nails with the fan brush.

Which gave me this effect :





Cool huh? At this point I hadn't cleaned around the nails, so excuse that! After I let that dry, I painted my top coat, which I didn't let dry completely before I went to bed. So.

Here's how it looks without the gold. I wasn't planning on doing the gold until the end when I thought it NEEDED something, so I did this first and thought I'd show it to you.


Anyway, I hope you like it! If you have the inspiration to do your nails, why not take step by step pictures and send them to me? I'll post them here on the blog so we can all learn together!

And just before I go, here's a funny little video for you :


Stay beautiful and have an awesome weekend! See you tonight at the Hunger Games! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment