Friday, 27 April 2012

Happy birthday Jan!

Hello beauties,

Today is a very special day in my home, it's my hubby's 27th birthday. I'm dedicating this post to him, so get ready for mushy...

Jan, I can't begin to describe how I feel about you. You found me when I was going through the darkest time of my life, and you saved me. You save me every day. If it had not been for you, things would have been very different in my life, and I know you were sent to me from Above.

Your love is incredible. I've never met anyone who loves so purely, so unconditionally and so loyally as you do. No matter how crazy, cranky or creepy I am, you never get angry, you never make fun of me, and you never send me away. Being an eccentric, I have more moods in a day than a whirlwind turns, and yet, you remain as calm as a stream and you smile at my weirdness and you hold my hand when it gets dark around me. Opposites really do attract!

Thank you for accepting me. Thank you for sticking with me. Thank you for loving me.

This is the sixth birthday I'll spend with you. Since 21, we've never been apart, and I promise you, I'll still be there when you turn 80. I'll be the one handing you your teeth before you get a slice of cake!

You're a miracle to me. I thank God everyday for you in my life. With you, I've experienced so many things. Good, bad and ugly. We've made the most incredible memories, and we'll keep making them. You and me against the world. You're a special one.

Jan, stay the beautiful being you are. I pray that you'll be blessed beyond belief today and always. May love, joy and peace rain on you. May you keep touching lives and leaving your footprints where you tread. I hope you look back on 27 and say, "That was an awesome year, but it just got better after that!"

I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. All along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.


Rowing our boat.

Crazy love

Christmas the year we got engaged.

Another boat, another time, same river.

Jan, hammering me! (:

At a relative's wedding

Jan in one of his favourite places, the kitchen. He loves cooking!

Playing in the water

On our wedding day, looking awesome in his suit.

See what I mean?

This was taken at my 21st. Jan is almost always behind a camera. He takes beautiful photos!

On our first trip to Cape Town, with Cape Point behind him.

Our very first vacation together with my parents at Amanzimtoti, flying his kite.

Vacation goers.

On his graduation day, looking smug!

The day we got engaged! Picnicked in the Botanical gardens. I had to have my ring in the pic!

The love of my life.


Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


5 comments:

  1. Awesome post :)

    But before I forget, Happy Birthday Jan!

    Wishing you a wonderful day, and an even more amazing 27th year! Trust me, it's all downhill from here ;)

    Proud to be your brother, Yolandie has really brought out the best in you! Keep it up :)

    I'm sorry that I can't share today with you, but we'll make up for it come August/September!

    Willem

    P.s - Your prezzie is on its way, it's round. Can you guess what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How did you know?

    You were always the smartest one...
    Wish the same could be said about your badminton skills ;)

    Catch you later, have a great day!

    Piesang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - Happy birthday (again) trust you got my sms? Yolandie - what a lovely post! You two are such a wonderful example of two people brought together in love like only God knows how. Love you both stax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx! He did get the message, you were the first to send one. But of course we had network issues the whole of last week, making it impossible to send messages. It was so bad our phones didn't even ring when we were called, and we couldn't make any calls either. It was a Cell C issue, and a lot of people we know on the network had the same problem.

      Love ya lots!

      Delete