Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Noel Cruz, the Doll Master

Hello beauties!

I have something different for you today. Ever heard of Noel Cruz? No? Well, allow me to get you acquainted! This guy is incredible! He's a hugely talented artist who does pretty tiny art... He paints dolls to look like celebs. Some of the dolls are generic, like a Barbie doll, while some of the dolls are actually modelled to look like the celebrity in question, but when he repaints them, man, do they look different!

Here are some examples of his work :




Noel Cruz and his Pirates of the Caribbean dolls

Madonna

Arwen (Liv Tyler) from LOTR

Farrah Fawcet

Lady Gaga

Laurant from Twilight

Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada

Liz Taylor in Cleopatra

Michael Jackson

Aragorn (Vigo Mortenson) from LOTR

James Blond, Daniel Craig and another of Madge

I personally think this is incredible. Being an artist myself, and having sketched many photo realistic pieces in my life, I have great respect for anyone who can work on an incredibly small scale, and still be able to get it this realistic. Every strand of eyebrow and beard hair painted like that? It blows my mind. Some of his dolls are available for auction on E-Bay, and if you want to check out more of his work, his website and Deviant Art have some other awesome examples.

Now I just feel like watching Lord of the Rings again... :D

Stay beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment