Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Review - Good Stuff body wash

Hello beauties!

When I started the animal cruelty free thing, my heart sank. How was I going to replace the things I love and where was I going to find products that are actually cruelty free? I have to say, I've really been surprised by the amount of cruelty free products available in South Africa. Everyday I find something new!

As always, I'm looking for new cruelty free products to try, and I stumbled upon this brand quite by accident. We were grocery shopping in Pick n Pay when we went down the bath stuff isle and I saw this cute brand for the first time. I mean, I must have passed it by a million times, but I never really realised it was there.

It's called Good Stuff and is made in South Africa and is exclusively sold in PnP. It's animal cruelty free, and most of their products are vegan friendly as well. If you open the website link, you'll see a list of all their products, as well as what they retail for. The products are affordable and I'm really impressed!

 I got three products from them, the two body washes pictured here, as well as a handbag size waterless hand wash called In Good Hands with rooibos, lemongrass and ginger. I love it so much! It smells so clean and fresh, and your hands actually feel cleaner after you've used it, but that might just be in my mind... :)

This one is my absolute favourite. It's called Here we Glow Again  and has the best smell you've ever come across in your life! It's mandarin blossom and mangosteen scented, which I just Googled to show you... :)

Not only does this smell great, but it's really soft on the skin, and lathers a lot.

What makes it even better is the cute description of the product on the packaging. I mean, how many companies take the time to have something creative written up and printed on the packaging? I love that Good Stuff actually did.
Mangosteen

 The Bee Natural one is just as good, and has a wild honey and vanilla yoghurt scent. I love anything vanilla, and the honey adds so much to the smell of this product, you could eat it... :)

OK, on to the important stuff. The bottles contain 200ml of product, and are clear and plastic. It retailed for R14.99, but as far as I remember, there were bigger bottles too.

The Bee Natural one states that it wasn't tested on animals, but says nothing about being vegan, where the pink one actually states "contains no animal derivatives", so if you are vegan, you might want to check that out.



Creative packaging, great scents, affordable and cruelty free? This has my stamp of approval! I think you could make great gifts from the Good Stuff range or just spoil yourself with a long soak in a bubble bath. And you'd actually be supporting a South African product, which is great!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


2 comments:

  1. will definitely try this product! thank you for the info. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx friend! It's really good and worth a try!

      Delete