So, while we're freezing our hiney's here in South Africa, up North, it's Summer. Nothing signifies Summer like clebs chopping off their hair. Granted, these two both did it for movies, but once high end actresses start rocking boy haircuts, you should get ready for a trend!!
I've read on a few different sites now that the people who know predict a new wave of boy cuts and pixies, and that the days of the long, layered cut may be numbered. Bobs and different short cuts are making a comeback in a huge way, and I for one, am glad about it!
While I love long, bouncy curls as much as the next girl, something edgy on the scene is just what we need to spice things up. So, I've got a bunch of inspiration pics for you to try out if you feel brave enough to cut off your hair, or just look at because it's pretty!
face shape. This is also a great way to wear your hair if you're growing out a pixie cut.
Longer on top is another edgy way to wear short hair, and is pretty flattering too. Wear it messy, slicked back, forward or perfectly flat ironed, it works!
If you are going short, there are some things you should keep in mind :
* Don't loose your femininity! It's easy to look more masculine if you don't dress like a lady when your hair is long, and it's so much easier with shorter haircuts. Always something girly with the rest of your outfit.
* Take extra time with your makeup, specially with pixie and boy haircuts. Emphasise your eyes as far possible. Long lashes will ensure they notice you!
* With shorter haircuts, earrings and accessories around your face is important. It's another way to look softer and more girly.
* If you wear a hat, make sure it isn't too manly. Charlize can pull off a fedora, but heck, it's Charlize. You may not be able to! So take someone you trust along when hat shopping, and make sure you still look feminine in it.
On the topic of short hair, the wonderful people over at Creaclip South Africa have sent me a clip to give away! If you want to win one, here are the rules :
* The give away is only open to South Africans. Sorry about this, but due to conflicting laws in other countries, and our terrible local post office, I can't take the chance to send this outside of SA.
* You need to follow my blog.
* You need to like my Facebook page.
* You need to like Creaclip South Africa's Facebook page.
* The competition will be open until Wednesday 18 July 2012, 12 PM (noon) and the winner will be chosen randomly. I'll probably chuck all the names into a hat and have someone who can't lie or isn't prejudiced (like my grandma!! :)) pull a name.
* I'll post or deliver the Creaclip to the winner as soon as possible after the draw.
Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,