Friday, 20 July 2012

Anime. How I love it!

Hello beauties!

What do you think about anime / manga?

If you don't know what it is, where in the world have you been hiding? Really. It's all over the internet, and if you have ever watched Dragon ball Z or even Pokemon, you have watched anime. Now, most of these anime's are created from hit manga's (don't say man-ga, it's maaan-ga.) and a manga is (usually) a black and white comic or graphic novel usually reads from right to left.


I used to read many of these, but alas, finding manga in South Africa is both difficult and very expensive. It's getting to the point where it is available in speciality stores, so I hope the day draws near where we can buy it in any book store! 


What I love is the style, who doesn't like big eyes and other small features? :) It's incredibly realistic in some aspects, and incredibly fantastical in others. I love the way manga artist can capture emotion in their artwork, like with this picture of the little mermaid. Don't ask me to draw manga, however! Since I'm such a pedantic realist, I struggle with anything that comes out of the imagination.  But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it!


Anyway, anime's are the animated versions of the manga's. I have watched quite a few, but my favourite is this one :


He's called Naruto and he rocks! It wasn't the first anime I started to watch. My first one was Rurouni Kenshin, and they're making a movie out of it. Check out the trailer! Just so you understand the trailer, should you decide to watch it, it's about a man Kenshin, who used to be a bad ass assassin called Batosai the man slayer. After the war is done, he takes an oath never to kill again, but kind of fights crime none the less, slapping opponents with the dull side of the sword. It's quite funny and I'm very excited about the film. I've also watched Tsubasa chronicles, Gundam Seed (I love mechs!!), Code Geass and quite a few others, but those are my favourite ones. Please share with me what anime's you watch, if any, and what you think about it!


Stay beautiful, be kind to animals and have an awesome weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment