Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Makeup for meeting your ex

Hello beauties!

Just the other day I was chatting to a friend who's about to go through a divorce, and she said once it's over we should do a 'how to look your best after a divorce' post on the blog. This is why when I saw this video yesterday, I thought it was a good idea to share it with you. I'll still do my own take on makeup with my friend, but this is something that can help you all in the time between now and then.

Before I go on, I have to ask, is there something in the water? Have you noticed it as well, or is it just me? Everyone is breaking up! Some of my friends have been together For. Like. Ever. As in FOREVER. And suddenly people are breaking up all around us. It breaks my heart to be honest, because I want all my friends to be happy and blessed. Get in touch, and let me know if you've been noticing this weird phenomenon as well!

I love Lisa Eldridge. She's such an incredible makeup artist, and such an incredible person as well. This video focusses on important things that women don't seem to remember when going through difficult times, like shimmery eye shadow not being your friend when your eyes are puffy. She explains why she does everything, and recommends some great things as well.


Kudos to Lisa Eldridge for this video, and for being an awesome friend to her friend who's just gone through a breakup. We all need one of those!

Speaking of friends, when last were you over at Liani's blog? She's running a cool promotion now, for makeup lessons with her. Also, don't you love her post about Photoshop and loving ourselves more. Show my buddy some love and subscribe to her bloggie. Cool things happen there!

If you are going through a breakup or a divorce, or any other difficult situation, strongs to you. These words from Oprah are so true. We don't need people in our lives who bring us down. It's difficult enough as it is to be a woman, a mother, a wife, a sister, a caretaker, a nurse, a career woman, a chef, a lover and a friend all in one!

Find positive people who lift you up. People who will carry you the distance if need be, and not wipe their feet on you. Never underestimate what you can achieve in life! Even if someone has just broken your heart, you're far from worthless! You're a shining star, and somewhere in the big old world, somewhere, there is someone just for you. And when you find that person, you'll be treated like the queen you are!

Never doubt your own worth!! (:

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


No comments:

Post a Comment