Monday, 12 November 2012

Fly, my pretties!

Hello beauties!

This weekend, I came to a realisation; I'm my own worst enemy.

And this realisation came in such a silly manner.

I read a fellow bookworm's comparison between the Twilight and Harry Potter series and I had a chuckle about it (even though I've never actually read HP). This person had the right of it, saying Twilight was in essence about a teenage girl, who could not survive her boyfriend leaving her and throwing herself off a cliff to see his face in her mind. Then she married him (him being like, technically dead and a hundred years older than her. If this happened in real life, like it did with, for example, with Hugh Hefner and his teenage bride, the whole world would be in an uproar. But anyway.) and fell pregnant with his child, who tried to kill her, before they got together a group of people, prepared for war and then talked about it all for a long time. Apparently, in the movie, they have a dance off.

That's not crazy at all.

That having been said, Liani and I will be in the cinema to see this madness (FOR THE LAST TIME AT LONG LAST) on Friday.

The comparison went on to say that HP taught them to fight their fears, stand up for what they believe in, be loyal to their friends and never back down.

Anyway, after I finished reading this little comparison, the first thought in my mind was as follows : What if my book gets published only to be compared with the likes of world famous novelists and their works loved by millions upon millions of people? And what if it gets torn apart?

So, in essence I was asking myself, what if my book is wildly successful, because it would not be compared with other books otherwise. That's almost as crazy as Twilight. But I mean, even then, Stephenie Meyer will never work again in her live. She doesn't need to! She was wildly successful, no matter what anyone says about her or her books. She made it big and it really doesn't matter what the Potterheads say about her, because it won't change that fact that she's sold millions of copies of her books, had movies, games and even toys inspired from her books and laughs all the way to and from the bank because of it.

What if is a dangerous weapon in out lives, have you realised? It's a weapon that destroys our dreams and ideas slowly, like a poison eating away at us. What if I can't make it? What if I can't do it? What if it's not successful? What if I get hurt? What if I fail?

What if I don't? You know? I don't think we should throw out what if from our lives. We already know how to use it! But we should be using what if as an ally, rather than an enemy. What if I succeed? What if I'm the scientist who finds the cure for cancer? What if I'm the actress who reaches millions of people and impacts their lives positively with my performance? What if I manage to launch a makeup range that changes the world's view on animal testing? What if I'm the teacher who saves the sad kid's life and inspires him to make a difference in the world? What if I'm the grandmother who teaches my grandchild to live life to the fullest? What if I can be a wonderful wife to my husband? What if I can fly, soar above my wildest expectations? What if I can be the best I can be?

I'm falling back to Wicked's hit, Defying Gravity, to inspire you. Because it's got some pretty inspiring lyrics and I think in this time of the year, when everyone is tired and down with a bad case of Novemberitis, we all need inspiring.

Something has changed within me, something is not the same.
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.
Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep.
It's time to trust my instincts; close my eyes and leap!

It's time to try defying gravity.
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down.

I'm through accepting limits cause someone says their so,
Some things I cannot change, but till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of losing love, I guess I've lost,
But if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost.

I'd sooner buy defying gravity.
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity.
And you can't pull me down.

Unlimited, my future is unlimited!
And I've just had a vision almost like a prophecy,
I know it sounds truly crazy
And true, the vision's hazy,
But I swear someday I'll be

Flying so high! Defying gravity.
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity!

So if you care to find me, look to the Western sky,
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to FLY!
And if I'm flying solo, at least I am flying free!
To those who ground me, take a message back from me:

Tell them how I am defying gravity
I'm flying high, defying gravity
And nobody, in all of Oz, no wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

I hope you find some inspiration from this and I hope you soar. No blue Mondays for us! We're going to defy gravity.

Have a fabulous week, stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


No comments:

Post a Comment