Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Movie quotes we all know and love!

Hello beauties!

Movie quotes? Really? What on earth brought this on, you ask? Well, Liani and Franco (whom you need to vote for here. Just type the word 'vote' in the comment section) went to see the Dirty Dancing show last night and it got me thinking. A dangerous pastime. I know. (Beauty and the Beast, where Gaston and Le Fou sing in the tavern)

One of the world's best known quotes actually comes from Dirty Dancing (Oh, the horror! Please, don't get me started on this movie. I mean, the female lead is named BABY! Not demeaning at all.) and I bet you know it too. Coz' nobody puts Baby in a corner.

So, I wondered, how many other movie quotes do know and love? Some of the obvious ones would be :

'Bond, James Bond.' and with that (back in the day, anyway) 'Shaken, not stirred.' (Any 007 Movie)
'I'll be back.' and 'Hasta la vista, baby.' (Terminator)
'You talkin' to me?' (Taxi Driver)
'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.' (Gone with the Wind)
'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.' and 'Run, Forest, run!' (Forest Gump)
'May the force be with you' (Star Wars)
'To infinity and beyond!' (Toy Story)

Casablanca much? :

'Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.'
'We'll always have Paris'
'Here's looking at you, kid.'
'Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.'
'Round up all the usual suspects'

Some other memorable ones :

'Go ahead, make my day' and 'You've got to ask yourself one question : 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?' (Dirty Harry)
'I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse' (The Godfather)
'You're gonna need a bigger boat' (Jaws)
'You had me at hello' and 'Show me the money!' (Jerry Maguire)
'I see dead people' (Sixth sense)
'Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.' (The Wizard of Oz)
'I love the smell of napalm in the morning.' (Apocalypse Now)
'Houston, we have a problem' (Apollo 13)
'My precious' (Lord of the Rings)
'I'm king of the world!' (Titanic)

So, add to my list! What are some of your favourite movie quotes? And does the inclusion of quotes from books adapted into movies offend you? I mean, are they movie or book quotes? Please, send me your ten cents. I'm waiting in anticipation in front of my pc.

By the way, sorry for the late post today. I witnessed the birth of a new blog and it was a beautiful thing. I'll let you know as soon as you can go check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment