Friday, 30 November 2012

Oh, Christmas tree!

Hello beauties!

This year, I decided to go for only two colours on my Christmas tree. Well, three if you count the tinsel. I don't know if it's this way all around the world, but here in sunny South Africa, we like very heavily decorated trees. Especially Afrikaners. The more bright and bountiful, the better. Lights, anyone? You can never have enough lights on a Christmas tree, paired with ten colours of tinsel and a hundred baubles and other decorations. And that's on a small tree.

Haha! It's true!

Anyway, I'm over it. This year, I decorated my tree in red and turquoise and I added only silver tinsel. It may look underdone to you, fellow South Africans and yes, maybe even to the rest of the world, but I'm happy. Jan bought me new decorations yesterday upon my insistence and here's how it went down.


The decorations. Simple and sweet. I love the colours together and I was more than happy with just the two containers full.There are sixteen blue and twenty four red.


Jan hiding behind the tree while opening up the branches. Just a heads-up here don't buy a tree with lights attached to it already, it's a mission and a half to get it set up. Take it from us. We've been setting up this tree for four years now and the setting up is only eclipsed in difficulty by the taking down. I get a shiver down my spine just thinking of it...


But the lights do look purdy! How do ya like my horrifying green curtains? When we moved into this flat (that is apartment to my international friends. Only in SA do we refer to our places of residence as flats. Haha!), we had more windows than in our previous homes and I didn't have enough curtains. I'm a curtain person. So we kept up granny's curtains until we buy our own. I'm working on it OK? :)


This is me pretending to put up the star. I wasn't really. :) The next pics are of my understated and bare tree.




Look at what we left out this year! And that's only the top layer of tinsel! We own two full boxes and a bag full of Christmas decorations! We have it in every thinkable colour, from pink to red to orange to blue to green to gold to silver to... you  get the idea. We have gift parcels and candy canes and stars and baubles and santa's and so much more. It's crazy!


Have a fantastic weekend folks!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


No comments:

Post a Comment