Monday, 17 December 2012

Bokeh!

Hello beauties!

Hope your weekend was amazing. I got to do Karen's makeup for her wedding and she looked beautiful. Will share pics with you as soon as I get them in the new year.

Anyway, my hubby is a wizz when it comes to taking photos. Really. He's been silently doing research on this thing called bokeh (I have no idea how this is properly pronounced. Some say 'bow-kay' while others say 'boh-keh'. So pronounce it however you feel like pronouncing it! :P). What is bokeh? Well, this :


It's basically the way the out of focus light is showed in your picture. Since I'm no photography expert, I can't begin to pretend to know exactly how to explain this to you in any other way that would make sense. But if the light is in the background and not in focus, you can make it take any shape you want.

How, you ask? Well, quite simply. Jan made a cover for his lens with simple black cardboard, cellotape and craft punches. It slides over the lens when you take your photos. I'm not going to do a step by step instruction on how he made this, since it's so freely available on the interwebs. Click here if you want to know more.


He made two different bokeh filters, the heart and a sun / star one. What you'll see in these pics are our Christmas lights, set up around our living room and our tree. Without further ado, here are some of the other photos he took.





I'm off to do a steampunk shoot with the bestie! Will upload pics sometime soon for you to look at.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


No comments:

Post a Comment