Thursday, 6 December 2012

Gift ideas for Geeks!

Hello beauties!

Gift hunting season has officially started. It's hectic and crazy and a little scary too. But don't panic about it, I'm here to help you. Today, we'll talk about gift ideas for geeks. I had no idea how deep I'd plunged into geekdom until this weekend, when I actually flipped out a little over completing all the achievements for Dragon Age 2, but one. And I'll continue to flip out until I have that last achievement. I'm weird, I know.

Hopefully, my own book will be on the list for geeky gifts next year. And Dragon Age 3 - Inquisition, which I'm awaiting with stars in my eyes. (:

I have some gifts for guys, some for girls and some that can be given to both. Most of these gifts (with the exception of one or two, like those with a Star Trek theme...), I'd actually love to have myself. I'm telling you, I've slipped so deep into the abyss of geekdom, nothing can pull me back out. :D

But, in no particular order, here they are, the geeky gifts I loved!

How about something every geek (and most other people these days) uses on a daily basis? You guessed it, USB sticks! They come in really cool and interesting designs these days, to show off the personality of the person using the stick. Check em out!












How about some jewellery and accessories? Even geek chicks love the bling! And those space invaders cuff-links are really cool as well.







Don't know what this thing above is? It's called Nyan cat and you should Google it. Anschke, you'll love this!




Still not your style? How about some of the biggest games of the year and the season? The new releases have the world abuzz, especially Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2.






How about some books? The last Robert Jordan Wheel of Time book just came out and that has everyone up in arms. Also, with the Hobbit massacre (did I say that aloud? I meant MOVIE) in cinemas now, you can always get your hands on the book and read it first, if you haven't yet done so.


 I've got some stuff for the kitchen as well! Because who doesn't love Star Wars shaped cooking utensils and Rubik's Cube salt and pepper grinders. I don't want the Star Trek pizza cutter myself, because I'm SO not a Trekkie. Try to shoot me now, if you must, my light sabre is ready and waiting...






This top one is Photoshop fridge magnets! Oh the joy!

How about some mugs? I can picture Franco drinking out of one of these lens mugs and the Tardis mug would look uber awesome in my grubby clutches!



Plushies! Geeks love plushies, and so do normal people. Check out these cool ones!




On to the random. You'll find it all here, the weird the wonderful and the wacky. But you'll have a chuckle when you see some of these!

Toilet paper riddled with random facts. Takes reading on the white throne to a whole new level!

A t-shirt every book loving girl needs!

A Chewbacca backpack! He's got your back!

Take on evil with this genius.

A remote control in the shape of a magic wand. The only thing that could make this better would be if it was a Sonic Screwdriver instead!

War waged on your walls with these Packman decals.

Take pillow fighting to a whole new level with these weapons!

Portal bookends! Genius!

Did you like this post? I'll do more like these if you supply me with the themes. Like gift ideas for girly-girls or macho guys. Let me know what you want to see and I'll see what I can find!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK waar op aarde kry jy die mini cooper usb? Nou het ek reg gespel lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! In SA : http://www.thegadgetshop.co.za/products.php?prod_sec_id=848

      Internationally : http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Cooper-Union-Jack-USB/dp/B002HZPE34

      Delete
  3. Would love that Camera Lens Mug!! Thanks Yolandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice !!!!
    Thanks for Sharing, Great ideas.The website includes an easy to use admin backend to manage the entire website.
    gadgets

    ReplyDelete