Friday, 22 February 2013

Oscars 2013 - Makeup Nominees

Hello beauties!

I promised you I'd be more alert when Oscar time came, and look at me! Here I am on pre-Oscar Friday, sharing the nominees for best makeup and hair with you! :)

Don't you think it's an absolute disgrace that there are only three nominees for makeup, when there are five for most of the other categories? I think it sucks. Without makeup and hair, not even the most flawless of them would look as perfect as they do on the silver screen. But anyway. At least makeup is being recognised in film now. Before 1981, makeup artists received no recognition at all for their on screen magic-working.

This year's nominees are as follows :

Hitchcock, starring Anthony Hopkins, Hellen Mirren and Jessica Biel amongst others. This is actually Anthony Hopkins in the image, with his Hitchcock makeup on. I think this is absolutely brilliant.


The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey is the second nominee, starring Ian McKellan, Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis. It's only natural that the team from LOTR should be on top of this category and I'd frankly be surprised if they don't take this one.


Last, is another obvious choice, as this is probably the biggest film of the year. Les Mesrables is the last nominee, with Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe and Anne Hatthaway. The ageing and general wear and tear they applied to these actors was just amazing.


And that's the three. Which do you think will win? Lemme know in the comments.

I'll do a full on what who wore and how their makeup looked on Monday or Tuesday, depending on how soon I can lay my hands on the images of them.

Have a fabulous weekend friends!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment