Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Read-worthy blogs

Hello beauties!

I've been wanting to introduce you to some of the blogs I read and love, but I've always had something else more pressing to blog about, or it just slipped my mind. But some of these are real gems and I think you'll enjoy them just as much as I do.

First of all, Yammie's Noshery. If you love food, geekery and cheeky writing, you're going to absolutely adore this blog. Her writing is really funny and I've been known to laugh out loud while reading some of her madness. The recipes are always good as well, with some stunning photography to accompany the fabulous looking food.












Next up is a brand new blog. The Chef Mother is my cousin Shantell (or Shants as we know her)'s blog and it will be a week old on Thursday. Her writing is just as brilliant and her recipes just as tasty as Yammie's, and I've laughed just as loudly for the things Shants has shared so far.

Also, the stories of her girls and their witticisms will have you in stitches.

But then , I'm not partial here, being a) family and b) involved in this blog in other ways (I did the logo and background, for one. Sorry, Shants, I've been known for shameless self-promotion all my life. :P). And since I'm biased, I invite you to check out The Chef Mother and see for yourself if she's as brilliant as I claim.

Go on, click the link already!


Staying with the food theme, Kayotic Kitchen is another good blog. Kay is a Dutch girl with a passion for photography and food and has some delicious recipes and gorgeous photographs on her blog as a result. And don't panic, it's in English! :P












If you're looking for beauty blogs, these following ones all fall into that group.

My absolute favourite beauty blogger is Kandee Johnson and I also follow her second blog, the Kandeeland. This has got to be the most sincere makeup guru on the planet and she's also quite crazy, which makes her even more fun to follow.

Whenever I have a bad day, I put on a Kandee (or Ellen) video.

And another plus point is that I learned more from this woman on applying makeup than I did when I did my makeup artist course. She's brilliant and you'll learn (and laugh) a lot when you check out her blog and videos.

And the Kandeeland blog is just precious with images and goings on of her daily life. Her little girl, Cupcake (aka Elyse), is adorable.

If you know anything about the world of YouTube makeup guru's, you know Michelle Phan.

The beautiful thing about Michelle is that she's self taught and is the most successful YouTube guru of them all. Her blog is worth the read as well. It updates daily and you can find some pretty cool tips and tricks there as well.

But her blog covers more than just beauty related stuff, including fashion and jewellery, reviews and randomness.







You all know about Makeup Geek by now, and it's probably more a website than a blog, but it's a good place to get some tips as well.






I blogged about Lauren Conrad last week (here), but since her blog is one of my daily reads, I had to add this one here.

Her blog includes absolutely everything related to beauty, be it inner or outer, and I've found some very cool things on there.










Lipgloss Kisses is a great blog by a fellow South African, Chicara. She's in the process of doing a great seven deadly sins series with other bloggers from South Africa, which I love so much that I might do something similar here on the couch. Great news and reviews, and the bonus about that is that the products are actually available SA. Because I really hate reading reviews about great products I can't actually try!

Curls n pearls is another good read. Christina updates weekdays and you can find a lot of cool beauty related stuff on her blog.

Jangsara's blog is another of those mind blowing ones. She's really a makeup magician, creating some of the most incredible looks you've seen in your whole life.

Madame Noir is another favourites, simply due to the amazing looks she creates with makeup.

Fat Mum Slim is one of the best blogs I've ever found online. This woman is brilliant, I tell you! She writes about everything you can imagine, jotting down her daily life and really cool photo a day challenges. Her work is inspirational, practical and funny and you'll love this blog as much as I do, I promise you.



Now, here's a special blog. I kept the best for last!!

Chit-Chat and Cheer is a blog written by a very extraordinary lady! Sune is a South African handi-capable woman with a big heart and enough compassion for all of us. Her blog is aimed to uplift and inspire people, while teaching truths about life and God.

This is another blog I helped with a little and I know Aunt Sune is going to touch a lot of lives with what she's planning on her blog.

Check it out and be inspired!

Obviously I also read LF Photography's blog and Liani's (Living Creatively) whenever that gets updated. Those are good ones to add to anyone's blog collection! :)

There are some other blogs I follow, but these will have to wait for another day. I really hope you check out these awesome women's blogs and you're inspired by what you find there.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment