Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Real life anime hair

Hello beauties!

Jan and I watched the new Karate Kid movie on Sunday and that was what inspired this post. If you've seen it, you'll know Wenwen Han (who played Mei Ying) had the most AWESOME hair ever in that film. If you haven't seen the movie, it was basically a long cut, severely layered at the jaw to create a bob effect, but it had a long layer below that as well. Here's how it looked.



I absolutely love that hair. I actually wish my hair was long enough to do something similar! But it immediately reminded me of the anime hair we so often see on the leading ladies in our favourite shows. I've watched many anime's and read many manga's where the ladies had severe layers framing their faces, but long, flowing, thinned out ponytails, blowing in the wind. You know what I mean!

So, I decided to Google real life anime hairstyles, and I actually discovered a trend! It seems men in Japan and other Asian countries actually love their anime-inspired hair-do's, and this trend can be found especially amongst pop stars. As you probably know, what pop sensations do, most teenagers follow and I've read that this trend is going to be coming to the rest of the world soon as well.

Here are some examples for both men and women :





















Did you notice that most of these styles sport wispy bangs and layers around the face? No matter what texture, length or for what gender it's being cut, there are these similarities. I, for one, like the wispy-ness offered by these anime-like cuts. In fact, I'm considering getting my behind down to someone who can style it for me in a funky way, like some of the pictures shown here.

How do you feel about anime hair? Would you ever? Lemme know!

Please remember to cast thine eyes upon the novel, which thee can find on the pages tab yonder. I beseech thee to continue to read my humble novel and cast thine vote in the poll. These actions must be completed fore the end of the week approaches, for that is the appointed time upon which the poll shall be closed and the votes shall be tallied to reveal thine choosing in the path that the novel must tread upon.

Good grief, that was tiring... :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie.

2 comments:

  1. yep anime-themed hairstyles are very in now-a-days :3 especially the one with the long bangs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how these trends go, isn't it? But I think it's pretty cool! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete