Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The natural Valentines look

Hello beauties!

Before I get started on today's post, I'd like to say thank you to all of you who have been asking about my health since Monday's post. You're the worlds sweetest readers ever!! I feel much better thank you, and I can report both Jan and I feel bug free, and my mommy's doing better too. You all RAWK!! :)

Last week, I did a post on funky and colourful Valentines makeup. Today I'm doing the second post that I promised, which tackles the more natural looking makeup.

I've said this before and I'll say it again; red lips are great for Valentines day, unless you're planning to get kissed. Guys don't like having lipstick smeared on their faces! Except if they put it there, I should probably add. That't why most makeup artists and gurus will tell you that red lips is a big no-no on V-day, or your wedding day.

You should also pay more attention than usual to properly setting your foundation. That's simply because you'll probably be cuddling with someone and makeup on their clothes isn't attractive.

 The story goes that guys actually prefer more natural looking makeup on the ladies in their lives. Sure, this is probably only true for roughly half of them, but that makes it a fifty fifty chance that you're going to date a guy who doesn't like you too glammed up with your glitter eyeshadow and bright pink lips.
And that especially if he has to kiss you.

Having said that, I love wacky, creative and colourful makeup just as much as the next person. I love applying it, because smoky eyes really do get boring after a while. I'm not saying you should never do bright colours and experiment, I'm just saying when it comes to date night, keep it simple. You want to turn heads, not have half your face wiped off on his shirt.

Makeup stains are a tad difficult to remove. :P

I have three videos for you on the topic of simple makeup for V-day, including one of my own (this one was the very first one I did). Good grief I'm awkward in this! (I swear, I'm not that awkward in real life... Or at least I hope I'm not...!?!?!) Which is why my YouTube days are quite over. Thank goodness for that! But heck, it shows the point and I promised you makeup tut's, so I'm adding it as well.




Hoping you have an uber romantic day tomorrow!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment