Lately, I've been a pretty lazy cook. Jan plays badminton twice a week and on the nights he's going to be running, he doesn't like to eat too heavily. On Fridays, we eat with my parents and on Saturdays with his, so that means I don't cook four nights in a week. If you're like me and you're constantly looking for quick and easy recipes, for days when you have to make something light and fast, I've got the thing just for you.
And the beauty about this one is you can add in stuff to make it a more 'solid' meal. But, if you want more than just one silly little recipe or you want to learn how to cook, have a glance over at The Chef Mother, where you get a new dish or food inspiration every weekday (couscous today). You can even learn to make cool cocktails and drinks like Butterbeer (from Harry Potter) over there! Check it out!
On to today's recipe.
What you'll need (this is enough for two portions):
A bag of Doritos. We use the cheese flavour.
Half a red pepper (or whatever colour you like)
Spices and flavours
A pan and a spot of oil
About fifteen minutes
What you'll do :
* Finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan.
* When the onions are just about ready, add in the pepper, chopped into cubes.
* Next comes the tomatoes, also cubed.
* Swirl these around in the pan and add your spices.
* While the other ingredients are still in the pan, add some of the chips to a plate. We use bowls. How much you use is up to you. Jan and I both have our chips and there's usually some left in the bag when we're done.
* Add the ingredients in the pan to the chips.
* Add the grated cheese and nuke it in the microwave for the cheese to melt.
You can actually add a whole lot of stuff to this recipe! Avocado, bacon, baked beans, corn, any veggies you like! We just keep it light. Jan also adds chillies and red pepper to his, though I prefer mine mild. And that's that!
Remember the novel and your votes! It closes next Wednesday!!
Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,