Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Cool craft ideas with old wine corks

Hello beauties!

Since my last craft ideas post with recycled jeans was so popular, I thought I'd do more craft projects with materials you probably have lying around the house, or can get your hands on pretty easily. Wine corks has been making some waves in the craft world, and I've got a round-up of cool things you can make with these little corks!

1) Stamps. You can either paste the stamp form onto the cork, or cut it out like in the next picture. Can you imagine little hands having a blast with cork stamps? I can. (Though that might just be pregnancy hormones talking. Ask me again next week...)

 2) Use them in your garden. You can easily label the herbs in your garden by simply writing the name on the cork!

Or, you can take it a step further and plant little succulents into the corks. Drill a hole into the cork, fill it with soil and plant the little greeny baby into it. Then you can hang these little critters up against your outside wall! It looks so cute!






3) Make letters or words (or shapes) from your corks and place them against the wall. The 'vino' sign  would look really cool in your bar!

And you've all seen the cork hearts that have been floating about on the interwebs. You can colour these with paint, leave them plain and nude or follow the ombre trend. The possibilities are endless!

 4) You can make cool looking bathroom mats, pot stands or coasters with your leftover wine corks.





 5) How about a funky wreath or clock? And I bet you can recycle a CD for the back of the clock too!












 6) Here's a cork chandelier and a table lamp. I bet these would look cool in a beachy bar!















7) This is a practical approach to recycling corks, and I have to say I think this is very clever. Use it to organise your earrings and necklaces! It looks neat and the bonus is that you can stick your earrings into the corks in pairs, so you never have to look for that illusive 'other earring' again!







8) I think this is a cool idea for your bar counter or to give an old surface a new look. You could even do an entire wall this way, though I think you're going to have to start recycling corks much sooner than you think if you want to do that...









9) Just added this one for the fun of it. But you could really make an entire chair out of corks, if you had the time, the patience and the vast amount of corks!!















Let me know what other recycle crafts you want to see and I'll see what I can find.

Please remember to read and to vote in the online novel!!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie


No comments:

Post a Comment