There are so many things we can do to maintain healthy, break-free and shiny hair. The good news is, most of the things you can try are so simple, you can do them at home, with the minimum cost to yourself!! Here are five easy tips for at home health, without the hassle.
1) Never brush or comb wet hair, because your hair stretches when wet (it's more elastic) and can break more easily. Towel dry your hair (by patting, never rubbing) and only comb it when it's around halfway dry, with a wide toothed comb.
2) Don't use too much heat. Embrace your natural texture and leave the blow dryer and straightening / curling iron in the drawer now and then. And whenever you use heat, use a heat protector. Besides, there are so many heat free ways to get that curl in your hair these days, which are easy and actually work.
3) Lay off on the styling aids. As in, don't overload your hair with product. It can cause dullness and build up on your scalp!!
4) Don't use hair ties with metal strips. Opt instead for the all fabric kind of hair elastics and hair ties. The metal part causes breakage. Imagine wearing a tight elastic with a metal strip around your arm all day long. There's bound to be some chafing! So share the love with your hair and keep it metal free!! A bonus tip here, don't tie your hair too tight. It can save you many headaches!
5) Conditioner works! But you seriously don't need to condition your whole head each time. You can focus the conditioner on the middle and ends of your hair, there's no need to massage it into your scalp. You can also do a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week, like the avocado mask or castor oil treatment for hair.
For ways to get your hair to grow faster, click here.
Hope you found this helpful!
Just before I go, remember to read part four and to vote for the course of the novel to take. It's getting interesting now, with Roxanne's quest finally explained!!
Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,