Tuesday, 30 April 2013

My first sonar!

Hello beauties!

I went for my first doctor's appointment on Thursday last week. It was quite something and Jan and I were both pretty excited (and nervous) about this special appointment. Filling in the forms went quickly, and the ten minute wait in the doctor's rooms seemed to move on forever, but eventually, he came to see us.

We answered some questions and the doctor reckons I'm a week further pregnant than we thought. But we're not sure. According to my first blood test, I'm about 10 weeks now. According to the sonar, I'm about 10 and a half. According to the doctor, I'm 11. So, we'll find out for sure next time, when the doctor can more accurately measure baby's head and legs. At this point, my due date is between 14 and 22 November.

At ten weeks, Jellybean's fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore and the tiny nails are forming. The basic stage of development is over now and the fine tuning and growing will start from now on. The hair on baby's skin is starting to grow and the spinal cord is starting to send out nerve endings. It's pretty amazing if you think about it.

According to my sonar, Jellybean's 29.8 mm long, which is under 3 cm and just more than an inch!! His / her heart is beating at around 162 beats per second and everything looks perfectly fine with our little Beanster.

The actual baby is the small white thing, surrounded by black. You can see some white marks on either side of it. :)

As far as I'm concerned, I've been having some better days dotted in between the really bad ones. I felt terrible on Sunday morning, but have had no vomiting since Saturday, which is friggen amazing. I've lost some weight, but I think I'll start to pick up when I'm supposed to, because (hopefully) the vomiting stage is over now. I feel tired, but I sleep really well, and I have heartburn every now and then, but it's nothing I can't handle. I haven't started to show really, but that should change in the next weeks.

We're feeling positive and excited!!

And now, as promised, an update on all the stuff we've been receiving for Jellybean. Thank you to everyone who's given something to celebrate Jelly, we love every item and we're sure he / she will too. I love the blankies my aunt Wilna made! They're so soft and colourful!! Thank you all!!











And so our collection grows!! :)

Remember to read and vote if you haven't yet. As usual, I find myself in a three way tie, so please be a dear and vote for something, so we can have a clear lead... :P

See you again on Thursday with some cool craft ideas. I'll be having a day off with Jan tomorrow and we might just make some yummy popcorn treats. :) If we do, I'll be sure to take some pics for you guys and share them here.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for being MIA for so long... Just want to say congrats!!!!!! and tell Jellybean that 13 November is a really good date to join us in the world!! Lol! Gino is getting friends now left and right. Annelien's son was born last month. His name is Xavier.

    ReplyDelete