Monday, 22 April 2013

Two for the price of one!

Hello beauties!

Hope you had a fantabulous weekend. Mine was calm and chilled out, with freezing weather in Jozi, we just stayed huddled together for some warmth. :)


I had some hectic exciting news last week, which I want to share with you now. My best friend, Liani, is pregnant as well! OMW! It's almost too much to take in, though I'm wildly excited about it. Now my partner in crime will be sharing this whole experience with me on a whole other level. It's amazing how these things work out.

Liani and Franco, congratulations once again. The two of you are going to be awesome parents and your little baby's going to love you both to pieces. :)








On the topic of pregnancy (and since so many of you have been asking me how I've been), I want to give you an update. If you're sick of reading about this pregnancy thing, I'm sorry. I know you're not really interested in pregnancy unless you're on that road yourself, and it can get annoying if people rant on about it all the time. But as I said, I've been getting a lot of mails from my readers asking about the whole thing, so I'll try to update every now and then, without making you want to run for the hills.

I'm around 9 weeks now, Jellybean's as big as a grape and going to start gaining weight now. All his / her organs and things are in place, the fingers and toes are there, the heart's divided into 4 chambers and all the facial features are there too. Everything will continue to grow and fine tune, but even the sexual organs are accounted for at this time (though still too tiny to distinguish).

As far as I'm concerned, I've been taking medication for nausea during pregnancy, and while I don't feel as queasy all of the time, it hasn't stopped the vomiting. I've lost some weight and I'm still struggling to eat like I'm supposed to. I'm constantly tired too, but that's absolutely normal for pregnant fairies. On the upside, my acne and breakouts are starting to settle down, which is pretty cool. My insomnia has been miraculously cured (I can sleep all day now... :P) and I haven't really been experiencing too hectic mood swings. I mean, I cry at McDonalds ads now, but at least I'm not aggro.

As far as cravings and aversions to food go, I've been lucky too. I crave salt and vinegar chips (crisps for my international friends) and biltong (which is like jerky). I can't stand the smell of meat cooking or onions being cut. But other than that, I'm golden. I can eat the meat and onions when they're done, so it's not that I can't stand it all together now. One thing I really want but can't have is coffee, because I'll vomit after having the coffee guaranteed. I try to stay away from milk and dairy on the whole, because of this same reason. But don't panic, I take a calcium supplement!

We've been looking at names and for the first time we have our own opinions on which gender we want the baby to be. Jan want's a boy because he'll have a little playmate and (in his words) 'Oh the toys he'll have...' I think I want a girl, because I'll have so much fun dressing her up. But as long as Jellybean is happy and healthy, we'll take what we get. :)

I'm going to see the doctor on Thursday, so I should have a sonar photo for you next week.

Please remember to read and vote in the online novel. The poll closes on Wednesday and the votes are tied again at the moment. So please, help me out and go break the three way tie! The story continues on Friday.

By the way, the book of the month is Percy Jackson and the lightning thief, by Rick Riordan. Buy it here (international) and here (South Africa). I wanted something family friendly, and also something easy for non fantasy lovers to read and enjoy along with the hard core fantasy junkies like me. :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful post my friend! Its awesome sharing the pregnancy with you! Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete