Monday, 6 May 2013

Essence of Ireland

Hello beauties!

Hope you had a great weekend. Our first great Winter cold hit over this weekend. We've gotten some cold weather up to this point, but nothing like we experienced over the weekend. It was a pretty cold one. I did Elmarie's makeup for her 21st on Saturday, I'll upload pictures in the gallery soon. After that, we went to the 21st and spent some time there with family and friends.

On Sunday we went to see the last performance of Essence of Ireland, in the Mandela theatre in Jozi. My mom went along and we took this pic before the show. You can see the poster for the show in the background.

We were in the cheap seats, aka the best seats in the house, center, second row to the front, and almost on top of the stage. That's the way we like it. :P

Having seen Riverdance and Spirit of the Dance, and Jan was lucky enough to see Lord of the Dance when it still ran, we knew what to expect from Irish dancing. But my mom was a Irish dance noob, so watching her take in the precision tapping and nimble feet was pretty cool.

The show was amazing, leaving the audience breathless, and the singers were pretty awesome. Ged Graham made the show with his funny moments and BRILLIANT vocals. He has a stage presence that can't be denied and had the audience clapping and singing along within moments after the start of the show.

We thoroughly enjoyed this one, with a awesome cast and crew, and I was lucky enough to get a picture afterwards with the beautiful Samantha Fisher, the female lead. That woman can dance up a storm!

But everyone was very talented and incredibly energetic throughout the performance, from the singers, to the band, to the dancers. We listened to well known Irish tunes, like Danny Boy, and we watched in amazement as the dancers flashed across the stage. I'm really glad we could have seen their closing show in Johannesburg!

Anyway, if you haven't read the novel and voted in the poll yet, please do that here. The story continues on Friday and we'll have some action again in the next instalment. So tune in for that. I really appreciate your support in this!

As far as my other novel is concerned, my editor is almost done and is very enthusiastic about it. It made me feel pretty good to hear her so excited!! If all goes well, you should be able to buy the novel on Amazon by June / July. But I'll keep you posted on that. Writing has been going slow, but I'm working hard on the sequel to my first book and if all goes according to plan, that should be out by next July. I have big plans, you see. :) Thank you for all of you who believe in me.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment