Friday, 19 July 2013

Update on Jellybean

Hello beauties!!

I know I was supposed to update Roxanne's story today, but with all the excitement yesterday, I forgot. I'm really sorry about this, I promise I'll update it next Friday.

I mentioned in yesterday's blog that I was going to see the doctor again. My parents went along for the sonar and were pretty much giddy with excitement. :) It was a much longer sonar session than usual, because the parents were there and we actually remembered to take a dvd along to record the sonar. Also, Jellybean was pretty busy yesterday, kicking and moving in a dance only she understood.

Did  I say she? I sure did. Turns out Jellybean is a baby girl!!

She's perfect and doing great, weighing in at just over 500g. All the arms and legs are there where they should be, the heart is perfect and there's no signs of any abnormalities. My dad nearly cried at the sight of her! It was special.

I'm also doing good. Blood pressure is normal and I gained another kg. I've been struggling with the nausea again for the last couple of weeks, but I'm sure it'll go away again soon. Here's to hoping.

As for Jellybean, she'll be going by a new name now. Her name's Kayla.

Now I can finally start decorating her room. I'm super excited and I plan on starting to shop like mad now. I'm going to do her room in these colours and it won't have a formal theme, but I'm planning to bring in butterflies and flowers.

I'm so excited about the decor, that I might just go shopping today! Haha! Considering that I have little over three months left before our bundle of joy is here, I'd say it's high time.

To all of you who have been praying for me and Kayla, or keeping us in your thoughts, thank you. This is a blessing I can't put into words and I'm so thankful that I'll get the chance to be a mommy. The thought of having a baby still leaves me breathless sometimes, when I realise a little life is going to be depending on me for everything. But I already love this little girl with all my heart, so I'm more excited than scared.

I'll keep you updated!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment