Monday, 26 August 2013

Costume makeup

Hello beauties!

I hope you had a great weekend. We got to spend some time with great friends and family, continue the renovations in the nursery, manage some shopping and just kick back and relax.

Just a quick reminder to read and vote if you haven't yet. The poll closes on Wednesday and the story must go on on Friday. Some of you have been asking me where I'm planning on going with Roxanne's story. Well, initially it just started out as an idea to get writing by myself out there, to spread my name for when my novel came out. It's grown into something I love over time, so I think I might throw it all together and publish it as an ebook when it's done. It'll probably be free to download, and I'll let you know when I get that far.

On a related note, don't forget about my novel!! The Rise of the Exile Queen has done a lot better than I thought it would by this point and I feel really proud of it. If you're unsure about buying it, you can always go and read some of the reviews I've gotten on Amazon. I've dropped the price a bit too, so you can get your hands on a copy for a little less now. You can also like my novel page on Facebook, where you can see exclusive content, like rejected cover art, sneak peeks from The Song of War (which is the sequel I'm working on) and other content you won't see anywhere else. I really appreciate the support.

OK. On to today's post. I know it's only the end of August, but I know Halloween is coming up in a couple of months and I thought I'd share some costume makeup looks with you for inspiration. We don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa, but I absolutely love the creativity of costume makeup, so it's something I tend to google often. Also, we can use looks like these when we go to makeup school, or costume parties or just for the heck of it too! So enjoy, even if you're not going to some Halloween event!!






























I love the simplicity of some of these, because it means you can use them even as last minute costume ideas. But then, some of them are pretty involved and generally kick ass. I wish I could do costume looks every day!! I especially loved the pixelated look and the Picasso painting!

Have a great week!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

1 comment: