Tuesday, 6 August 2013

The Pixel Painter

Hello beauties!!

A week or two ago, Jan and I were watching random videos on The best of YouTube, and we came across this video of an old man (98, to be exact) named Hal Lasko. His story is pretty inspirational, and I have to admit I cried while watching it. But that's just the pregnancy hormones talking. I promise. :)

What makes his story so inspirational is that he only learned to work on a computer pretty late in his life. And he's legally blind. Just so you know.

He paints the most amazing pictures in Windows Paint (which, if you paint digitally, you'd know pretty much sucks), and he does it PIXEL BY PIXEL. Because he can't see so well, he basically blows up the part of the image he's working on as big as he can, and then places every pixel where he wants it. And I have to say, I was blown away.

Here are some of his works, a pic of him and then the video which explains it all. If you're a sentimental soul, like me, grab the tissues now and enjoy the video.







Isn't that simply beautiful? Now on to the video.


You see, it doesn't matter how old (or young) you are, you have it inside you to inspire the world. So get to inspiring. :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment