Thursday, 1 August 2013

Weekly Favourites!

Hello beauties!!

Happy August!

Before we get to today's post, I'd like to thank all of you who have supported me by buying my book. I got another lovely client review on Amazon this week, which really made my day! I want to share that with you here, and maybe convince you to buy a copy too! :P

As a first time novel, this story shows no signs of a new-be writer.
The story is well thought out, with characters that grow on you firmly as you progress through the easy to read, action packed and straight to the point writing style that is being used.

In fact, the characters come to live so well; Y. Horak uses numerous flash-back stories that, without breaking the main story line, make you understand how and why a character has come to be. She will make you love and hate them. She will make you laugh, frown and slap your face for their decisions, actions and remarks.

To me the book is a fusion of fantasy and science-fiction. It has all the traits of a good old fantasy novel; the fight between good and evil with lots of gray shades. But magic is replaced by technology; maybe this adds slightly to a sense of realism albeit technology that far exceeds our own.

Readers be ware. This is the first book of a trilogy so without spoiling anything; expect an open ending that leaves you wanting, nay, needing more.

Thank you Tom for those awesome words! I promise I'll write quicker to get the sequel done for you!! :)

Did you know I opened a page on Facebook for the novel? You can check it out and like it, for exclusive content and some sneak peeks from The Song of War, which is the sequel to The Rise of the Exile Queen. Also, Exile Queen is now a little cheaper than it was before, so if you haven't gotten your hands on a copy yet, you can do it now and save a dime. :)

OK, as always, I've got my favourite beauty finds from Pinterest lined up for you today. Enjoy!






























I'm loving these greens on the bottom, and that alien prosthetic look blew my mind. Makes me want to get out my special effects makeup and do something wacky! :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie.

No comments:

Post a Comment