Monday, 9 September 2013

Mini Maternity Shoot

Hello beauties!

Hope your weekend was great and you don't have the Monday blues... Mine was pretty standard and unexciting. :)

Before I get to today's post, just a reminder to read and vote if you haven't yet. Please folks, the voting's been tied in three directions and that makes my job a whole lot more difficult. So have a look and cast your vote!!

A lot of people have been bugging me about maternity pictures. And no, 'bugging' isn't too strong a word. I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken, but I guess that your first pregnancy is one of those things you should have pictures of. I'm having a formal shoot in October, but Franco of LF Photography was kind enough to take some pics of my baby bump at my cousin Larissa's wedding.

After I'd finished everybody's makeup, he also took some bestie pics of me and Liani, who now looks COMPLETELY different after she had her hair changed. Still beautiful as always, though!! She's glowingly pregnant too, and absolutely stunning because of it.

Here are some of the pics!!








I've also got a baby update for you, because so many of you have been asking how I'm doing.

I'm 30 weeks now and I'm seeing the doc again on Thursday. Kayla's doing great and kicking up a storm, which is something incredibly special to be able to feel.

I haven't been doing quite so great. My nausea (which subsided somewhat for a few weeks) is back in full force and worse than ever. I've been waking up at all hours of the night because of it and I've been using the highest dose of the nausea medication for two weeks now. If I don't, I might as well camp out in front of the porcelain throne all day long.

So, with the return of the vomiting (and it's worse now than it was before), I've been sleeping way too little and keeping less food than is good in. I've gained only 3 kg's so far, but the doc's maintained that he isn't worried, because Kayla's completely on track.

I'm very honest when I say it's difficult to keep positive some days and I have been pretty concerned about my health on a couple of occasions. But heck, in 10 weeks I'll have my bundle of joy and all of this will hopefully be over and forgotten.

Thank you to all of you who have been asking about how I'm doing, keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and for just caring. It means a lot to me.

Have a fantastic week!!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

2 comments:

  1. Thanx for the compliments my friend!! You are awesome!! Love ya stax xxxx

    ReplyDelete