Wednesday, 8 January 2014

My Christmas Pictures

Hello beauties!

Welcome back! Blogging again feels pretty awesome. It's like I've been away for ages... But I think the break did me a world of good. I got to spend loads of time focussing on family, like you'll see in today's post. These are some of the pictures from our Christmas celebrations. I hope you got to spend your holiday season with people you love, like I did.

I'll say something about the pics as I go along. :)

These first pictures are of my Christmas eve dinner table. My parents and brother came over and we had a simple dinner of mac and cheese, but it was good anyway.



Of course my parents had a ball holding and cooing over Kayla. :)  They were constantly juggling her between the two of them and almost keeping time over who had been holding her for how long!!


Just some pics of the gifts. We're truly blessed to be able to give in abundance, and receive as well. It was just another reminder that we've got loads t be thankful for. Of course Kayla got the biggest gifts of all! It was her first Christmas after all... :P



Kayla had started smiling the week before, but we'd never been able to capture it on camera before this moment. :D It made Christmas even more special to be able to share it with my smiling little girl! It was the biggest gift we got this year. (:



One of the most special gifts of the night was this one. Jan had my novel printed for me as a gift, and this is the very first hard copy of it ever. (It's available as an ebook on Amazon. Just search for it in your country!! :P) He also made a wooden box-frame for it, so I can sign it and keep it somewhere as a special momento. I have to admit that I cried when I opened the package!!


On Christmas day, we had a family get-together at my parents' house. We were a big group of people, so my mom had to rearrange the house to fit everybody. Here are some pics of the tables. (Most of the pics were taken by my budding photographer cousin, Larissa. Well done, cuz!)




Larissa entertained Kayla for a while so I could sit down and eat. It was the first time in a while that I got to eat my meal with the rest of the family! Haha! Babies sure have a knack to get grumpy or hungry right when a meal is served.


Some pics of the family eating together. :)



We got to take some pretty family photos. These are the very first pictures in which Jan, Kayla and I are all featured! She was 6 weeks old at the time... O_O We probably should have tried to get some sooner. :P I also included some pics of the family.







It was a lovely festive season and I realised once again how blessed I am to have such a loving family and wonderful friends in my life. Thank you to everyone who made it special! We love you all.

See you Friday with my weekly beauty favourites!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment