Friday, 7 March 2014

Oscar beauty favourites

Hello beauties!

Welcome back to my favourites on Fridays post, alla Oscar edition. I'm only looking at the makeup looks, because I'm not even going to comment on the fashions. There was one big fashion winner on the night, and the other ladies paled in comparison to her. Yup, you know who I mean, Lupita Nyong'o stole the night.

But as far as beauty goes, there is some room left for commentary. There were three big trends as far as makeup goes; very natural, metallic smokey eyes, and berry lips. And then there was Lupita, once again doing something different with orange lips and cheeks (which worked fabulously with her skintone). Here (in alphabetical order) are some of the ladies who pulled these looks off the best in my opinion.


Amy Adams opted for the metallic smokey eye and soft coral lips. People are torn over if her dress was a smash hit or a crash and burn, but her makeup was flawless. And I quite liked her structured updo as well.


Another smokey eye paired with a nude pink lip was worn by always flawless, Diane Kruger. Her braided updo was pretty awesome as well.


Miss Emma Watson was my absolute favourite fashion and makeup diva of the night. I adored her complete look, which was sophisticated and just a little grungy as well. Her red lips were perfect, nude makeup accentuated her eyes beautifully and her soft, half-updo rounded her look off wonderfully. She's always a style winner, but aside from Lupita, I think she rocked the Oscars!!


One of the only ladies who did something else was Jada Pinkett-Smith. She took the pink out of her name and put it on her eyes, cheeks and lips (which matched her dress). I think it set off her glowing skin and eyes very nicely.


Thought JLwa looked beautiful, I have to be honest when I say I've seen her look even prettier. But having said that, her nude makeup and corally-orange lips still made her one of my favourites of the night. The dress was fabulous though!!! :)


Kate Hudson's smokey eyes and nude lips were flawless. Her old-Hollywood glam hair completed her look, and she looked beautiful.


I don't know what Kerry Washington was thinking with that dress, which was my personal bottom-of-the-list-gown-of-the-night. But her makeup? WOW!! I loved her berry lips and nude eyes, and the half-updo was beautiful too.


The star of the night. She looked lovely, and had every right to showcase those perfectly white teeth! As I said at the top of the post, she wore orange lips and cheeks with nude eyes, which looked great with her chocolate skin. And then she's nice too! Need I say more?

And that's my Oscar favourites! Who was your personal favourite?

Have a fantastic weekend! I'll see you back here on Monday with another post. We're in the middle of renovations at my house, so we don't have a bathroom at the moment. O_O But I'm super thankful and excited about my new bathroom!! Will share when it's done.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment