Friday, 25 April 2014

April Favourites

Hello beauties!

What a month it's been so far... It's not over yet, I know, but because it's the last Friday of the month, I'm sharing my monthly favourites with you today. As always, you can find all of the images on my Pinterest boards and the images don't belong to me, except if I state otherwise.

Lets get to it.

The song I can't get out of my head this month is Build it Up by Monark.



This month, I want to pay tribute to a single artist, whose work is absolutely breathtaking. jjlovely is an amazingly talented artist from China, and created all three these images.




I have four new boards on Pinterest now! Each of the following images comes from one of the new boards. First up, baby and kids photography.


I have a new costumes and dress up board, where I'll pin all kinds of cosplay and costume related images.


For inspiration for poses and ideas regarding themed photography, I've got my new fantasy photography board. This is a cosplay by Traci Hines, about whom I've blogged before.


My last new board is for those of you who dabble in photomanipulation and editing. I'll be sure to add a lot more to this board soon. :)


The following pics were on the blog somewhere during this month as well, because they were featured in my weekly beauty favourites at some point. Of all of the pins I shared with you here, these are my three favourite beauty related images of the month; nails, hair and makeup.




Speaking of beauty, my product of the month is Skullour hair dye. I've had mine in for just short of three weeks now, and the colour is still going strong, especially where my hair was bleached the most. Read my review here.


Here are some laughs for you! I found these very funny, especially the first one.



I really want to go here! This is a photo of Swallow's Nest Castle, in Yalta, Ukraine. Man, oh man, the photos I'd take there... O_O


If you don't read Yammie's blog, you have to start. Not only is she witty and writes well, but her recipes are friggen DELICIOUS and mostly easy to make. And she's got a gluten free blog too now. My dish of the month is Yammie's carrot cupcakes. I NEED this NOW!


I absolutely love this bangle and I'll start searching for something like it high and low as soon as I get into a Mall again. I think it's beautiful!!


Quote of the month :


(And that is another reason why I love Lord of the Rings; random life lessons learnt between the pages.)

My steampunk find of the month is this assassin look. Which, I might add, I'm now officially dying to recreate somehow.


I only watched one movie this month so far. What? I'm a new mom ok!! And while I enjoyed the movie, I can't say it was my favourite. But it made me remember all the laughs I had during the three times (you won't be judging me for this once you've watched it for yourself!!) I watched the series from whence it came. Which is why I'm naming Veronica Mars series of the month.

Man, does this bring back memories from my lanky teenage years...

My personal project of the month was Lizanne's Punk shoot. Not only did it challenge me as far as both makeup and photography goes, but I had a blast doing it!

Picking a photo of the month came down to one of these two. I love both these photos, which I took one afternoon after Kayla woke up from a nap. She's the friendliest little girl in the world when she wakes up and I come into her room. Her face lights up like the dawn, melting my heart every time. But when she realises there is a camera in my hands (AKA anti-smiling-device), she pulls out her best catwalk face (you know, the no-emotion variety). Both of these are special to me. So you pick your favourite one and we'll call it quits.



Can you handle the incredibleness, no, EPICNESS of those eyes?!?! I must be the proudest mom on the face of the planet!

And that's it for this month's favourites! We'll do this again in May.

So, next week will be another one of those weeks. Monday and Thursday are holidays, Which means I won't be posting on Monday. But before you start on your angry letter demanding why there's no post, take a deep breath. I'll upload a post on Tuesday to make up for the one I miss on Monday. Then it'll be back to normal on Wednesday and Friday. :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment