Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Carne Griffiths

Hello beauties!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend. It was my hubby's 29th birthday on Sunday, and we had over some friends and family. Wait, did I say some? Haha. Understatement. Of. The. Century. We (somehow) squeezed in 26 people (including three babies and a toddler) into my tiny livingroom, which is no small feat. Don't ask me how, but we managed it. And on top of that, everyone had something to eat and drink at some point as well. It was chaotic, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you once again to everyone who made Jan's day special.

OK, as promised, I have a post for you today to make up for the one I missed yesterday, due to Freedom Day here in South Africa. We're having a look at the art of Carne Griffiths, an artist who hails from the UK. He works in inks, graphite and, this is the interesting part, liquids, such as vodka, brandy, coffee and tea.

His art takes on a very splattered and runny form, revealing portraits and other artworks in the process. Have a look at this.

















Don't you love this? The subtle colours combined with the dripping, splattered and stained look of the pieces is what really draws me in, and the added angles of the graphic lines rounds these off perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Check back in tomorrow for some awesome face painting.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment