Monday, 26 May 2014

My weekend in pictures!

Hello beauties!

What a weekend it was... Hope yours was good too! I'm going to share some pics from my weekend with you today, but before I do that, I have an announcement to make.

No, I'm not pregnant.

But, for a long while now, I've been considering blogging every day of the week again, and I've finally decided to do it. So from now on, you'll see me every day of the week. I'll still do my favourites on Fridays, and I'm going to try the do the Wednesday Review and Recreate that Look posts more often from now on. But I'll be back on the days starting with a T, and that's what I wanted to announce.

So on that happy note, on to today's post!! Please note that all of these images are copyright to me, except if stated otherwise.

I got some nice pics of Kayla throughout the weekend, and these first ones were taken on Friday. Suddenly the teething pains are almost non-existent, and she's been her happy, smiley self again. Even though the teeth in question are still not completely out.

This first one was taken with my phone, so please excuse the quality.





 For those of you who are fans of my novels, have I got good news... I'm already done with chapter four of book three!! I got a good amount of writing done on Friday, after a two week struggle with the bloksies. Yup, writer's block made an annoying appearance, but hopefully it's gone away now. For ever.

Book one here and book two here!!



Liani gave me a bouquet of flowers for my birthday, and the lilies finally opened on Friday. So I took some pics of the them to share with you. I'm pretty proud of these!!



During Kayla's afternoon nap, I made us some lamb stew. This was truly delicious and worth the time it took to get going.


 When Jan got home, he and Kayla played the trumpet. :P She can actually get this toy to squeak every now and then, surprising herself totally. But I thought this was too cute not to share.

Another birthday gift, this one from my aunt Karin, was a lovely spa candle by Annique. People, this is incredible!!

You light it and let it burn for a while, and then the candle wax can be used as massage cream. I'll be reviewing this one on Wednesday, so I don't want to say too much, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

On Saturday we went to no less than three different malls. You read right. We went on a hunt for clothes for Kayla. I was looking for specific things, for this kind of in-between weather we've been having. It's not cold yet, but it isn't warm either, and unfortunately I don't have too many things to dress the little princess in during this time. But we had extremely bad luck, because we just couldn't find what we were looking for in her size! Come on clothing stores! Where in the world are the 6-12 month garments?!?!?

Anyway, I took pictures of our plunder, because we did manage to get her some stuff, but for some reason the image files were corrupted and the photos are gone. I bought myself some makeup and nail varnish drying spray, which I'll also review at some point.

As always, I got some pics of my daughter when we got home. You DO NOT want to know how many gigs of hard drive space are devoted to photos of this little one...

 My brother came over on Saturday afternoon and we had some fun on the pc. He tried out Jan's Oculus Rift and had a bundle of fun. I honestly should have taken a video while he was playing, because it was hilarious! At one point, while playing some or another scary game, he actually started to shake (literally) with fear and kept saying "It's just a game, it's just a game..." I laughed so hard I nearly cried!!



 Just before dinner, Anschke came over too, to borrow one of my wigs. I also helped her to stick a false lash. Just one, because she stuck the other. :D She went as Ariel to a costume party.


We had dinner and then my brother, Jan and I played my new favourite online game, Rift. If you're into gaming and you play this one, come and find me sometime!! I play as either Yohak or Karoh. (: Obviously, this Rift logo is the only image featured here today that doesn't belong to me. :)



Sunday, after church, I got these pics of my little love bug. I'm having them printed, I tell you!! :)



 We had Sunday lunch with my parents, and decided to spoil them by bringing the food. We had a lot of leftover stew, and we used that as the filling of a pie.

Jan made mash and gravy to go with the pie and we opened a can of baked beans to round it all off.

My mom made the desert, which was an oatmeal and apple concoction, but was really delicious. Holler at me if you want the recipe!!

My granny was also over for lunch, and all of the following pics are of that. :)





 Finally, we went to have tea with Jan's grandmother and aunt to round our Sunday off. Jan's granny is almost 91 years old, and she adores Kayla. We got a few nice shots of the two of them together.





We ended Sunday by just laying around the house and relaxing, because we were pretty exhausted from the weekend. We're like old people these days!! :P

Come back tomorrow for another post!

Have a fabulous week!!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment