Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Wednesday Review - Annique Spa Candle

Hello Beauties!

As promised, I'm going to do a quick review for you guys today, of a fabulous product. I don't know if you've seen this concept before, but I think it's brilliant. It's a massage candle. I can see you frowning, so I'll elaborate. You see, it's a candle made of massage oil. You read it right the first time, but just to be clear, I'll repeat. A candle made of massage oil.

How in the world does this work? Well, it's super easy. You light it, wait 15 mins and blow out the flame. Then you take the molten 'wax' and rub it into your aching muscles. Idiot. Proof.

Lately I've had a chronic sore back. I think it's probably because I've been carrying 7kg's worth of redheaded joy in my arms wherever I've been going. I guess my aunt Karin knew that my back would be achy all too well, since she's had three little bundles to carry around herself. So she gave me this great candle as a gift for my birthday.


As I said on Monday, we tried this baby out over the weekend. Lighting a candle before a massage is a great way to calm down, so by using this one, you're swatting two flies with one shot. (I forget how the metaphor really goes. Forgive me. :P)

It didn't really have any scent while burning, so I'll admit that I was disappointed at that point. But when Jan blew out the flame and poured the oil into this hand, the aroma escaped.

Before I get to the smell, let me just say that I thought it would have to cool down before use. But it doesn't have to!! It's just warm, but not hot at all, and my hubby didn't scorch his palms. :)

Anyway, the aroma. It smells HEAVENLY, folks!! It's not an overwhelming kind of scent at all. It's rather soft and soothing, kind of like the fresh scent on the air after a gentle summer rain. I can't accurately describe it, because it doesn't smell like a single thing. Like while Jan was rubbing it into my shoulders and neck, different scents reached me. It's almost with delight that you smell the soft geranium, and then pick up the hints of citrus, just to discover traces of cinnamon, coconut and delicate rooibos. I absolutely loved it!

And I could still smell it the next morning, which is a massive plus!

As for the oil itself, it's not the sticky kind. It goes on smoothly, is absorbed easily into the skin and doesn't leave behind flakes or greasiness. You don't need massive amounts of product at all, in fact, a little goes a long way.

The packaging is stylish. It comes in a glass jar with a screw on lid. Another win is that the product is cruelty free, though I'm uncertain if it's vegan friendly.

The only thing I can't comment on is the price, because it was a gift.

If you want to know more, please feel free to contact my aunt Karin (who sells Annique products) on her personal Annique page, Rooibossieka.

And that's all I have for you today! Tune in tomorrow for some impressive leaf carving. :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Yolandie, wonderful review! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob!! I really loved the candle!!

      Delete