Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Mob meets fairy...?

Hello beauties!

Welcome back to the Couch! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are well rested. My weekend was a bit hectic, but at least we had a nice and calm Youth Day yesterday, so we could unwind a little.

I had a shoot with Jan's cousin, Bianca, on Saturday. After a bit of a shaky start, we actually managed to get shooting and, in spite of horrible lighting, I got a bunch of good photos. We had planned to use a white wig on Bianca, but the white wig looked really cheap.

That's probably because it was a very cheap wig... :P I picked it up for 30 bucks!

Anyway. I've been planning on doing more than one shoot with a single wig, so people can see that it is actually possible to use them over and over, and get completely different looking pics when you do. Which is partially why we picked the light blue wig. You know, the one we used here in the last shoot. The main reason we used the blue one, however, is because Bianca flat-out refused to take the thing off after she'd tried it on. Seriously. She even pouted when she had to take it off so I could finish her makeup. (:

She'd brought some pretty clothes, and we decided to photograph her in that. She felt like a Russian mobster, so that's what I'm naming this part of the shoot. Have a look.











We borrowed my hubby's Nerf gun for this part of the photoshoot. And, surprisingly, not a single shot was fired. :P




And then we had a wardrobe change. We'd planned on doing a winter-elf / fairy / lady / whatever, but when the white wig fell through, so did the original idea. Bianca wanted to try it out, however, and we had a little time left, so we decided to go for it. The following shots are of that.

What we used for props were actually a bucket load of glitter sticks we'd used for some function or another, somewhere along the line. I decided to glue-gun these together into a peacock-ish tail (after nine one a freezing cold winter night, outside in the flipping dark), and we attempted to wove a crown of the stuff too.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'll probably fart glitter for the next couple of weeks. So will Jan, who helped me make all of the said props. In fact, everyone in a 100m radius around my house will probably be farting glitter too, because that's how much glitter was involved. The dogs were COVERED, because they kept running under where we were working. The paving around my house looks like a diamond field!! It's a shiny mess, I tell you! This is what I imagine the Capitol in my novels must look like.

Anyway, on to the next set of photos.










After last time's glitter photos, I really needed to try photographing this again. So we gathered some of the fallen glitter and used it to take these :



















Model : Bianca
Makeup, props, photography and editing : Yolandie (as in, all of these images belong to me, so please don't redistribute them.)
Wardrobe : Yolandie and Co. (aka cousins, Tanja and Anschke), as well as some of Bianca's own things.

You would think that those feather lashes are heavy. They're not. I was shocked when I tried them on afterwards!! I've actually worn natural looking falsies that weighed more. But they're crazy uncomfortable, that much I can tell you. :)

Thank you so much for being such an amazing sport, Bianca. You really made this shoot! You looked so beautiful!! And I can't wait to see you with real blue hair. :P I promise you, we're going to make you into a warrior woman for another shoot too. Watch this space!

Anyway, let me know what you think! 

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment