Monday, 2 June 2014

My makeup case

Hello beauties!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend and welcome back to the Couch!

So what do you think of the new look? I know some people probably won't like it much, but let me explain some of the reasoning behind it to you. The plain white is a lot less cluttered, and focusses more attention to the text and images. I like it because it's cleaner and simpler. And the new logo describes me well, I think. It's just a little messy and very colourful. So there's a nice paradox for you. :)

It also goes with my brand new website!! You can check it out here : www.yolandiehorak.com. I'm very proud of it, because I designed it myself, and all of the social media icons, header and footer were made by me too. I actually enjoyed designing again!

You've probably noticed the rebrand going to all of my social media profiles over the course of the weekend. I feel like everything is tied together better now, and that it looks a little less slap-dash and more like I mean business.

Because I mean business. :P

Drop me a line and let me know what you think!!

On to today's post. I'd like to share some pictures of my newest beauty acquisition with you. I got a new makeup case!!

There are many factors that contributed to getting the new one. For example, my old one was getting too small for all my makeup. Which meant that I had to leave some stuff behind whenever I went out to see clients. For some makeup artists, this would be ideal. For me, not so much.

You see, I like to experiment with makeup. When I know I'll be doing run of the mill kind of makeup looks, sure thing, I can make it work with a single palette of eyeshadow, a primer or two, mascara and foundation-related stuff. But when I'm doing creative makeup, I want to have everything with me, because I know I'll probably change my mind on what's going to happen makeup wise, midway through.

Also, I've been looking for a train case for a while now. This is simply because I can transport my wigs, props and all other whatnot's with me as well. And I have my makeup at the right height, without having to scramble for a table when I'm at a client's house / venue.

I had to travel with my makeup case and a basket full of other stuff anyway, and now I have all of it in one place. I can still clip the top loose from the bottom and carry it around like my old case, and the bottom part has a lid of its own. So that makes it easy to travel with. And it's on wheels. :)

Here are some pics!!
















I'm super excited about this!! It's amazing to be able to do makeup more often again, after I did the bare minimum last year when I was pregnant. I've got two shoots coming up, so watch this space. You'll be seeing this baby in action more in the next while!!

Anyway, that's the post for today. Be sure to check in every day for some cool posts!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment