Monday, 9 June 2014

My weekend in pictures : Birthdays everywhere and New hair!

Hello beauties!

Welcome to another week on the Couch! I hope your weekend was fabulous and you got to rest and relax a little. If you were in South Africa, I hope you kept warm. We had a freezer, folks. It was so cold they say the chickens walked themselves over to KFC to be fried. :P

I'm about to share the pics from my weekend with you, so get comfy and read on.

 Since it was the coldest day ever in Kayla's life so far on Friday, we spent most of it indoors. We've been struggling with teething for a couple of weeks now, and Kayla's been grumpy and irritated due to the pain. Thursday night was pretty rough, so I had little hope for Friday.

But Kayla just felt better (somehow). We had a fantastic day (and weekend!), filled with laughter and general happiness! We spent a lot of time playing and learning and I even had time for some selfie time with my daughter.

 While Kayla had her afternoon nap, I made chicken stew in the slow cooker. I was planning on fajitas for dinner Friday night, but with the cold, I decided it was 'stew weather'. I actually took photos of how I made it for you, and I'll share my recipe with you sometime this week.

I wrote a little on Friday, but lemme tell you, working on book three's been an uphill battle so far. I have no idea what's come over me, but I just can't get past this writer's block. It's as if the pressure is keeping me from doing anything. Everyone has been so incredibly positive about SOW, that I'm afraid of letting the standard drop. I'll do my best not to let that happen!!

Ok, insecurities aside, we went on a lash hunt, and I got these for future shoots. The white rhinestones are for a shoot I have on Saturday, so watch this space!!


Saturday was my brother's birthday, and we went out to celebrate it. We had a nice lunch at Clearwater's Spur and the waiters sang 'happy birthday' to my blushing brother.










I decided on a big change on Saturday as well. For a long time now, I've been threatening to cut my hair, and I finally did it. I have a few reasons for it, but the main one is that after my postpartum hair loss, my hair has been growing back. I'm soooo friggen happy about it, I can do cartwheels over the moon!! So I'm not in any way complaining about the little hairs sticking up in every thinkable direction. I'm just so happy to have them!

But I thought that if all of my hair was shorter, the little guys wouldn't be quite so obvious.

So, I went to the hairdresser, with this picture that I found on Pinterest.


But she didn't cut it that way. At. All. What I got was an inverted bob. I wasn't 100% satisfied, but it looked OK, so I figured I'd just get it done the way I wanted the next time I went to the hairdresser. But when I got home, I realised that I didn't like the look at all. And what put me off completely, was the step she cut in the back. Yes, you read right, STEP. Like in 1985 step.

I was completely crestfallen.

So I called my mom (hysterically) and she fixed my hair, looking at another picture for a guide. Thank goodness my mom knows how to cut hair!!! And now I LOVE my new look!!

Before :


After :


These were taken on Sunday after I'd run the straightner through :


Again, I posed for some pics with my little girl and my new do.



Just a lesson here, always be 100% honest with your service providers, including your hairdressers, nail techies, waxing artists to even makeup artists too. Tell them when you don't like something, or else you'll probably be sorry afterward. Be completely happy with something, don't settle for second best.

Our other Sunday plans had been changed, so Jan, Kayla and I enjoyed a quiet day at home. We had leftovers for lunch, watched an episode of Hell's Kitchen and played some Rift when Kayla slept.

We got some nice photos of Kayla too! She was looking and smiling at her funny daddy.



In the afternoon we went over to my parents' house for continued birthday celebrations, because my mom's having hers on Wednesday. They had the family come over for tea to celebrate my mom and brother's birthdays and Jan took some shots of (what was left of) the food. Unfortunately the shots of the family were either unflattering of blurred, so for the sake of vanity, I'm not sharing those. :P





I rounded off Sunday night with a cup of soup and just generally laying around and relaxing.

Tune in again tomorrow for another post! Have a good one, folks!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment