Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Different smokey eyes

Hello beauties!

First of all I'd like to say very happy birthday to my father in law!

We're talking about smokey eyes today. It feels to me as if this topic should have been exhausted by now. I've blogged about it a couple of times now (read more here and here), but I still get asked about it.

When someone says smokey eye, this seems to be what pops up in people's minds :



Both of these are, indeed, smokey eyes. Both are also pretty dark, greys and blacks, and that's what gets me. Maybe it's because smoke is grey and black that people seem to believe smokey eyes must be grey and black also. That smokey eyes can never be any other colour than those two.

But that assumption is an incorrect one.

The smokey eye is a blending technique, my friends, not a colour eyeshadow. (Please follow the two links at the beginning of the post for more.)

That's why I've rounded up some prime examples of smokey eyes from all over the interwebs, and I'm sharing them with you today.














I hope this inspires you to smoke out your makeup, but without the greys!!! :)

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment